Enhancing bad runes rather than balancing to make game fun

I’m a late-stage Diablo 3 player. For me, there are basically three builds in the game. Your best build that you use to raise gems for everything else, your GR 90 builds that you use to farm keys and low powered rift farming builds to get materials if you need them.
Builds are either fun to play or not. Making the Raekor or Pestilence builds more powerful makes little difference because they’re squishy as hell and you keep getting clobbered. The mechanics of the Monk builds make them hard to control. Nerfing the best builds means you can’t raise gems for all the lousy ones. A nerfed build just becomes Unplayable.
Instead of balancing sets what would really be welcome are item changes that create new, interesting builds, like boosting the runes of pet builds so Plague of Toads does something Skill that are elemental usually have one rune that outperforms all the others. It would be nice if the runes were all the same level so you could vary your attacks between lightning, cold, fire and poison. You could also take some of the items that are obsolete like Hellcat waist guards or the Wailing Host and enhance them so they affect runes that no one ever uses like mine field. These are the changes that would keep the game fun in maintenance mode.

2 Likes

There is a squirrel and a monkey running this game these days and the monkey got promoted.

There is a reason this balance patch is simple number adjustments….that’s all the effort they’re putting into this non-revenue generating game.

I’d rather they just stop making adjustments.

Leave it how it was in Season 28 and start recycling themes.