Endugu's Barbarian Builds

Hello everyone, I’m wondering how many people would be interested in this? :point_down:

Give a heart and comment with the build that interests you.

3 Likes

so tell us, what item changes have been around that warrant an update on any guides ingame
I mean they have not introduced new items,runewords etc since what, 1.10 dropped?

so your “outdated and weak af” only shows that you are quite ignorant/thoughtless and brainless

???
I may not be a friend of Endugu and I may not like a heap of their postings and comments, yet no one deserves this level of vitriol for wanting to post a build guide.

Sheesh. Get it together gamers. This is a game.

:alien: :dolphin:

1 Like

Thank you iWT, but it’s ok, I’m not offended by anything they’ve said, I chuckled when I read their comment. My disposition attracts this type or reaction online. I am who I am and I am this way irl as well. The difference is I’m respected irl for who I am, where online, I’m not. It’s all good. :grinning:

1 Like

sorry, I simply expect a civilised argument,

aka : why are the guides (which one are we talking about on what platform/forum anyway) outdated, when the game has not introduced any big gameplay or item changes in over 16 years?

I mean the past big changes that I generally remember, were the introdoction of 1.10 runewords, then the removal of IM and the higher drop chances for certain runes

but say the basic damage oriented setup for physical melees of highlord,gulli,loh,gores raven string/nossi has not changed because there is literally nothing around to change it
(outside of next to negligible rare item based stuff, like say an eth selfrep 2 sockets 300+ed 40 ias legendary mallet or the use of atma with death and the unique bersi on melees that can use triggers)

No need to apologize. If you read closely what I said in the original post you’ll read why I chuckled at your attempt at an insult. You’ll read that the very names you called me, are actually a reflection of yourself in regard to what I actually wrote.

Post your best or favorite PvM ww guide and I’ll check it out and relay the flaws in it to you.

i’ll go for a d2 lod frenzy guide

http : // www .d2info.de/frenzyguide/u_allgemeines.html

had to put in some spaces coz apparently I am not allowed to post links
and even has has one or 2 things, like the left hand speed trick missing from his guide or updated in another version

and it is not my best, because I tend to have only written a guide for a zeal barbarian and that was ~12 years ago

You can post links, everyone can, it just has to be a site that meets Blizzard social credit scores. To post a link that doesn’t meet score paste the link then highlight it and hit </> or start the link with ’ and end with '.
http://www.d2info.de/frenzyguide/u_allgemeines.html

I’ll check it out.

Edit: #1 It’s written in German, but ok, this is how the introduction translates so I can read it.

The barbarian species of the frenzy gets its name, like so many other species, from the use of an attack skill, namely frenzy (English = frenzy, who would have thought that). He fights exclusively with two one-handed weapons, with which he throws himself at the monsters and falls into a frenzy with each hit, which greatly increases his attack and running speed (who can not understand this behavior when, for example, the mother-in-law comes to visit ). These characteristics make it one of the most popular forms of character in the barbarian, but due to its high running speed it is sometimes more difficult to control than other barbarian species (a real speedster). For people who have never played a barbarian, the Frenzy is therefore a little less suitable than, for example, the swirler (since heists only lame swirl around in the area, nobody really has to aim). In this guide I would like to show you different ways to equip and equip a Frenzy, as well as to show its advantages and weaknesses. Anyone who thinks now: “Cool, everything is pre-chewed for us, Bernd tells us the best solution and I’ll build it.” who cut himself. Here are only the basics, you have to put it together yourself. I’m not your mom.

Are you sure you want me to pick apart the build below that follows this intro?

Edit: #2 It isn’t a build guide at all. It simply explains the basics of Frenzy, Stats and a couple of Affixes.

1 Like

you were the one who wanted to be given a guide

Got an actual build guide?

are you too blind to see the links on the left hand side of the website?

because it is a website guide , consisting of several thousand words
put into different sections which you navigate by using the links on the left
for example the first 4 links translate as follows:

general remarks:
introduciton
abbreviations
general terms (explains ds, cb,cth,damage calculation, how ias works, how the left hand trick works)

then the same is repeated for attributes

then comes the skill section

then comes the attribute section etc…

we are, after all talking guides for a character build.
meaning you explain in depth the different ways in which to build a character according to what task you give it, according to what items the player has available
or according to what is theoreticcally possible (f.e. a magic 3 socks barb helmet with life and 3 frenzy 3 mastery x 3rd skill (wc for example)

we are talking about a character guide being there to in depth explain to everybody how to build that character, how to play it, et cetera.

and the guide that I gave you does not go into some aspects of the gameplay of a frenzy, like the in depth explanation of how the left hand speed trick works and does not have a dedicated UT section etc but it works as a newbie friendly and fairly guide for the character “frenzy”.

let me give you an example of length that I generally expect from a guide for a character built
my zeal barbarian guide is (copied with formatting codes in text form) ~8900 words / 30 pages times new roman size 12
and that is for a niche build with fairly limited scope made for people that already have decent knowledge about pvm, about certain breakpoints et cetera.

It looks like it took a lot of work and you should be commended for that, but there is one sentence that has me seeing just how out of date it really is and really no different than the guide currently posted in the Barbarian forum on this website. It’s out of date and weak af.

Btw, Whirlwind is one of the most powerful attacks of the barbarian next to frenzy is a noob comment with the evolution of the modern whirlwind builds.

Oh, you’re welcome for showing you how to post links in the forum.

Some can post clickable links

http://www.d2info.de/frenzyguide/u_allgemeines.html

and gifs

https://media.giphy.com/media/npUjYqaMrYTjW/giphy.gif

1 Like

If you read the conversation I said everyone can, but the link needs to meet Blizzard’s credit score. You posted a link to their own forum.

Edit: I stand corrected.

You clearly meet Blizzard’s posting credit score, or you know something I don’t.
Credit scores, the future of a one world government under the fascist elite!
Beautiful isn’t it?

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

so basiccally endugu wanted to be given links that he could critique

then shows that he cannot even operate a website with a navigation sidebar
cannot offer any sort of critique whatsoever, chickens out of a reply (maybe scared by the depth of content etc)

but hey, let us do the adult thing:
basic discussion 101
A claim supported by evidence and reasoning is an argument

a random sentence is just that: useless drivel.

thanks for showing everybody that you cannot put your money where your mouth is.

oh and given the wealth of content of that frenzy guide in comparison to the lackluster (no explanation of triggers, game mechanics,. different build choices and the consequences that has on skills (see f.e. grief and tzhus less mastery, schaeffers and less mastery etc)
the lack of the left hand speed bug explanation etc
absent from the frenzy guide linked in the barbarian forum here
the very different item section (see f.e. weapons, no physical pvm build worth it’s salt will use last wish,doom,beast botd etc)

yeah man, it shows that those 2 guides are on the same level…

who are you trying to fool here?

2 Likes

Again, you’re guide is out of date, therefore, weak af.

I await your further adult and civilized attack on my person in response.

easy as nothing in gameplay has changed outside the removal of IM from oblivion knights, which happened 2010, and was a 1 click matter for barbarians anyway.

the “out of date” argument is useless drivel
as monster stats have not changed
as item stats have not changed
as no new items were introduced
since at least 1.10 so ~2003

you were asked to support your claim with evidence, you refuse to do so. thus your post is just trying to wriggle out of having to put your money where your mouth is.
that is weak af, kiddo.

Looking up what is required to have a credit score of trust level 3, I now see why you post so much. I’m a lowly 2. :grinning:

Posts are mainly irrelevant. You only need to make 30 posts total. The main limiting factor is reading over each 100 day window 200 threads and 3,000 posts. Also, no forum suspensions ever plus some other things.

It used to be much, much harder to be TL3. I think it was reading 20,000 posts each 100 day window.

1 Like