End of an era, last running diablo app dead

With latest diablo 3 mini patch, Diablo 3 is all but officially dead for macOS at this point. With patching having been broken in battle.net app for 2 months now and them not caring to fix it since it’s just a macOS issue, the latest update has left many users unable to play diablo 3 on macOS.

Will they fix the updater eventually? Who even knows. The point is, they don’t really care one way or another. It’s no secret blizzard reassigned or laid off every person working on macOS years ago (not hearsay actually true). Existing mac games have continued to be left to rot with no meaningful updates or bug fixes and no future titles are ever going to come.

I’ve been playing Diablo 2R and 4 quite nicely on game porting toolkit and i see no reason not to uninstall diablo 3 on macOS and install that there too. It’ll probably run better and everything cause direct x 11, even running on a translation layer to run it in metal, is still better than running diablo 3 on OpenGL in macOS (even if it does ever become patchable again).

1 Like

I kind of suspected that :frowning: Sad

I’m hearing some can still get patching to work and play it. but it’s hit or miss. bnet has been very buggy on mac for quite a while.

Do you think we’ll get new seasons still?
Thanks

No problem here, iMac 27" Ventura 13.5 (22G74)

2 Likes