Enchantment Does't Offer All Options

Hello, working on a Demon Hunter in S23 and during a number of times trying to switch a property from an item (e.g., Damage from a bow to socket), I’m only getting a subset of the possible choices. As an example, for the last attempt to switch a damage to socket, there were 15 possible options for the property (e.g., Damage variants, attack speed, socket, etc.) and of the 15 I repeatedly only got the +Damage items (i.e., 7 of 15) after trying 50+ times.

Anyone else seeing this?

This is not a tech support issue. There is nothing wrong with this.

And before you continue, you might want to research what you are doing, because your very next post will be, “why did my weapon get nerfed?”

Well, that was near useless TimberWolf. And in my experience, nothing is a technical support issue until enough people report it and then someone pays attention. I’ve been playing Diablo 3 for so many years that I’ve lost track. What I’ll apologize for is my poor wording - perhaps. In short, after literally dozens and dozens of forged souls, only seeing < 50% of the options continue to cycle seems odd. Perhaps that’s just probability against me this week. But if nobody else is being affected then I know it’s just me.

But perhaps next time you can save the snarky response for someone else.

When you re-roll primary properties on a weapon, some of them are incredibly heavily weighted in the table of possible results. The elemental damage affixes are really tough to avoid getting because if you roll this off, a one-handed weapon that has 2000+ damage will go down to 450 damage. This is why the game tries to ensure you don’t get a result like that, by ensuring that you’ll pretty much always be offered at least one elemental damage affix whilst re-forging.

As TimberWolf alluded to, if you succeeded in doing so, your very next post would be asking why you can no longer kill stuff, and we’d be directing you to…

In short, the game’s trying to prevent you from doing this…

This is not a bug.
This is not a technical issue.
This is the game working exactly as intended.