Embrace Your Inner Goblin!

I did read it, then totally glossed over it in my excitement. My bad. Guess no dream vault for me.

Well, I would have liked this to apply to non-season and legacy puzzle rings.

lame buff which doesnt make d3 more appaeling imo

6 Likes

Cydra has no posts because he (she?) has not posted to this forum before. And it shouldn’t matter if it’s a fill-in or newbie. Blue is blue. Treat them the same and there is no issue.

This is because the Realm of Greed has set goblin spawns, not random ones found elsewhere in the game (just putting this out there for those that read the quoted post and wonder why this is the case).

Regarding the buff itself, now I’m kinda angry. I just finished getting my first seasonal character to 70. It would have been immensely more useful during leveling. I mean, I guess better late than never? At least it’ll help the Sage’s set build up a few more DBs for me I suppose. And I can use it in HC for when I make a second character for the conquests I need for Guardian. It just feels ugh getting it at some random point in the season, without even an announcement that it was going to happen. I’d have waited to start my season after the buff went live if I’d known in advance. :frowning:

lol, a change during a season. What happen to this company. Never saw people like blizz where never said the truth. I did’t play season becasue of the crap season theme and now you changing things during the season because no people like to play ?

3 Likes

Actually this is post #2 from Cydra.

sound so good but this not a problem with goblin r gold more the problem we have with Gr drom and Rift drop hop that well be fix

Well I guess I’ll be farming more rainbows for the rest of the season.

(I know it doesn’t give you extra rainbow portals, but it makes the goblin farm a little more rewarding because you get doubles of everything)

0/390. Someday…

I know the feeling. I don’t even want to remember how long it took me to get my cosmic wings. Or the happy cloud portrait. (I have both)

Boring. Season is beat. Not enough content to keep a season going this long. Double goblins is useless, boring, and will not extend the playability of this season. It’s done.

Maybe if it were 3x bounty caches or something, because bounties suck, sometimes they’re short, most of the time you have to navigate numerous floors for no reason.

10 Likes

The problem is not likely to be within Blizzard’s infrastructure. If it were, everyone would be having this same issue. Your connection to the Blizzard servers begins at your ISP and then moves through a number of different hops before finally arriving at Blizzard’s servers.

As an analogy, I-80 runs from NY to CA. You may be trying to get from California to the Empire State Building for vacation. You’re being held up by traffic jam and construction in Ohio. This isn’t the Empire State Building’s problem/responsibility/infrastructure. There is nothing they can do about it.

If protesters suddenly show up outside the Empire State Building and are effecting your ability to get inside, this is also not their fault (this is a DDoS).

If someone with enough time, energy, or desire wants to disrupt the function of any site/service, it can be done. The Internet exists because most people aren’t dicks and being a dick for a long period of time is expensive. These aren’t easy problems to solve because computers are bad at context and filtering legitimate traffic from not.

5 Likes

Awesome! It would have been great thought to have double goblins for Rift packs, Bandit shrines (at least increased chances to encounter/find) and Vault.

It would be nice to have a notice (pop up msg) or sign at the beginning of a rift telling us if there was a goblin pack therein. It would encourage players to keep pushing and clean the whole place until they were found (giving it a greater and funner purpose instead of getting frustrated by closing too early).

The problem with this idea is that people would game hop or open/close rifts until they found one with the “goblin pack notification”.

3 Likes

so, double goblins - but why now? And why only inside season? This sucks… :frowning:

Oh well, nevermind, might have cared if I hadn’t already deleted my seasonal chars and cleared the stash some days ago. Doesn’t make sense for me to go back into the season just for this…

2 Likes

I can understand that, but GR fishing exists already and it is a choice. It shouldn’t break the game and the chances of getting a goblin pack are low, so if someone wants to waste their time re-rolling, it’s on them. They need to close the game to begin with, to recreate a new rift.

This could enhance community experience (join partied games) by keeping up with chat groups and simply appreciate when the rare occasion the announcement appears we can clean it thoroughly; instead of simply doing a rift and closing it when done, it would add another layer of engagement.

Obviously it should be rare enough like a goblin shrine … no guarantee you would get it by re-rolling. The opportunity cost of continuously re-rolling doesn’t match having cleared 5 runs in the same time span, it would be a waste of time.

whats the point of the doubled Goblin if I can’t play because of server lag/disconnect. You should first fix the horrible servers problems first.

2 Likes

No 1016 in public games would be better.

No Double goblins for me yet.

I’ve pretty much shelved my PC seasonal character after reaching Guardian and getting all 5 conquests, but I just started a seasonal character on the Switch so this will hopefully make it easier for that character to catch up (especially since it is HC so I’m playing a bit more conservatively).

Why is that? :slight_smile:

2 Likes