Emantes Broken Crown Fault

For the past few seasons I have had the Broken Crown on my follower with no problem, the Emantes effect is great.

I will try to explain it.

With the previous seasons, you didn’t need a gem in your own helm as long as there was a gem in your followers broken crown.
This season I have a shard in my own helm and a gem in the broken crown of the follower and it does not work. For it to work, I had to exchange my shard for a gem even though I was not wearing the broken crown. I hope you understand this.

2 Likes

Not true. You must have had a Gem in your Helm. (Even if it was a different Gem from the one in your Follower’s Helm).

The Broken Crown has 2 sentences in its description:

1. Whenever a gem drops, a gem of the type socketed into your helmet also drops.

1. This effect does not apply to Legendary Gems. (Emanates)

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that Soul Shards would be the equivalent of Legendary Gems.

In short: This is not a bug.

(Strix beat me)

4 Likes
  1. Soul Shards are legendary.
  2. Soul Shards are not gems.

The Broken Crown gives you extra gem drops of the same colour as the non-legendary gem in your hero’s helm. As your hero doesn’t have a non-legendary gem in their helm (because they’ve got a legendary Soul Shard) there’s nothing to drop extras of.

3 Likes

So much wrong in this report. Honestly, I feel like bug reports are just being phoned in now… :thinking:

1 Like

My bad then. So regardless of who is wearing the Broken Crown, your hero has to have a no legendary gem in their helm.

My misunderstanding of Emantes. I thought with the follower wearing the crown you could put a non-legendary gem in thier helm.

You can, it just has no effect on the extra gem drops - that is based on the gem in your helm. If you are running a follower without the immortality token, put an amethyst in their helm and they will get extra life to help stay alive. Since you receive a % of your followers exp, put a ruby in their helm and you will receive a small boost to exp, gained. Not much but every little bit helps.

Think of it like this:

• Every item equipped by your Follower that has a Property that Emanates is like having an extra Cube Slot.

• The Follower gets ALL the benefits of the OTHER Properties on the item. (This includes the Set Bonuses that DO NOT Emanate).

• But, YOU get the Property that Emanates.
1 Like