Broken Crown Season 25

Is the Broken Crown bugged in S25? I have it equipted on follower with an emerald, I have a set helm w/soul shard on my character . My gem drops are equal for all gems.

Not a bug. Learn how emanation works.

You have to have the gem in your helm in order for broken crown to work.

3 Likes

Not a bug, BC works well

And BC doesn’t work with Soul Shards

5 Likes

What @pai said.

It even says this in the Legendary Power description:

• Whenever a gem drops, a gem of the type socketed into your helmet also drops.
2 Likes

As per the replies, not a bug.

If you’re wanting to farm gems in a specific area (Vault/Whimsydale/rifts) you’ll have to remove the shard from your helm and put a gem in of the colour you’re looking to farm.

You don’t need the helm shard for NRs and low level GRs so you should be fine with a relevant-to-your-build flawless royal in your helm.

leoric’s crown and broken crown do not work with legeday gem and seasonal shards. plain gems only - emerald, ruby, topaz, diamond and amethyst.

I know how emanation works, it is not working as intended in season 25 for me either, probably something to do with the soul shards, blizzard has a knack of breaking things

There is no ‘probably’ to it. Broken Crown does not work with legendary gems, which is what the season soul shards are. So it definitely has something to do with the soul shards. Nothing is broken - it’s working as intended and designed.

3 Likes

It’s working exactly as intended…

The power of Broken Crown is…

Whenever a gem drops, a gem of the type socketed into your helmet also drops.
This effect does not apply to Legendary Gems. (Emanates)

This means that if your follower is wearing it, the emanated power is granted to your hero. This means if your hero’s helm has a non-legendary gem socketed into it (amethyst, diamond, emerald, ruby, topaz) then extra gems of that type will be dropped when any gem drops.

• Soul Shards are legendary.
  • Soul Shards are not gems.

So, they fail the criteria for the Crown’s power not just once, but twice.

This is NOT a bug.

2 Likes

My Broken Crown, on my follower (which is Emanentes empowered) does not drop extra gems of the typical types. There is a Marquise Ruby installed and whether I get gems from a chest or random drops, there is never extra associated rubies in the bunch.

Re-read all the answers given by several members and you’ll understand how emanated powers work.

You don’t have a ruby on your character, so your follower can’t drop an extra ruby.

2 Likes

Reading is overrated. Apparently.

2 Likes