Echoing Fury and Frenzy Primary Attack

I remember a question during the 2.6.6 PTR on if these two would stack. I seem to remember the answer being, “no”.

I had put together a build that uses them for amusement’s sake. Before tonight, I thought it was only amusing, then I noticed something, the animation for Frenzy was not finishing.

Intrigued, I took off EF and looked at what my reported APS was with full 10 stacks of Fury, 2.04. Not bad, but no stuttering of the animation. I put back on the EF and tested again, it went up to 2.98 APS and suttering animation.

In the past, using builds like this, I had issues getting past GR40, but made me interested. I jumped into a 40, it was done very quick. 50 and also done quick. Curious, I jumped straight to 70. It was a lot harder, but I got it finished.

A LoN Frenzy build with no thorns and my casual 870 paragon and I got to 70. The speed that BotS stacked was silly, but good. The healing from Simplicity’s Strength and Vambraces of Sescheron was surprising. I could keep BoM and Aquila up 100% of the time. Perhaps the most amusing one was because of the extremely high APS, seeing a Rift Guardian be stunned, from Frenzy Smite proc’ing several times a second, for most of a fight.

Here is the build, some of the numbers are not quite the same as mine and some stats are missing. This is all on purpose since it shows damage can be increased.

https://www.d3planner.com/135448586

Makes me hope now that they will bring out a set or item that could work with the base idea here to make it work better.

I’d try dropping Undisputed champion for Pride of Cassius, Vambraces for Stone gauntlets (ice climbers negates the immobilize), TAN for Boon of BulKathos, Lacuni’s for Mortick’s and the Purple gem for a Diamond. Stack some CDR.

As long as you are leaping every 8 seconds you would pretty much be un-killable.
If perma WOTB can’t be achieved can be saved to burst down or finish off Elites.

I know it is not optimal, that is where my surprise came from.

As I said, I am going to hope that the new set works with primary attacks in some way to see if EF can work with it for the amusement of all that attack speed.

I run a pure Frenzy (non Thorns) build and I discovered this too.

They straight up stack.

I’m able to get to GR 80+ with it, but its seriously non optimal even with every single item that buffs Primary attacks in play.

I really hope the new Barb set focuses on primary attacks, Frenzy Barb is a proper old school Barb Archetype that never really was relevant in D3.

There is a part of me that wants to try and do a seasonal character with this build.

I have admittedly lost a lot of my interest with the Blizzcon changes to WW though.

My build i am paragon 830 this season and am able to solo GR 115 no problem running a frenzy build,
.Full Horde of ninety savages set
.Oathkeeper mainhand upgraded to primal at kanai’s cube
.Echoing Fury offhand
. Endless walk for jewelry
.oculus ring
.ancient parthan defender bracers
.undisputed champion belt
In kanai’s cube for powers i have
.bastion’s revered
.depth diggers
.band of might
Legendary gems-simplicity’s strength-gorgok of swiftness-moratorium.
Emerald in the weapons amethyst in the helmand amthyst and rubies in the others