Easy Sauce Locust Swarm Build?

Anyone got an idea for the best Locust Swarm build for farming T16?

Edit: Whoops, thought I was in WD when I made this. Hopefully switched to WD now.

1 Like

Lazy Jade Harvester. Just pick normal Jade build and replace Furnace with Wormwood in the cube.

1 Like

Speaking of Jade and Furnace, has anyone done a proper side-by-side comparison of cubed Furnace vs. Echoing Fury?

I’ve been playing around with Echoing Fury and it feels pretty solid, but I was wondering if a more experienced WD could share his/her opinion?

Lazy Jade is an option but still lots of clicking and micro…

For super chill farming, I like to use the PetWalker build.
The original variant used Locust Swarm (& I still do too) but here is the latest variant:

I guess I am looking for something similar to this:

Preferably less Pets though heh

Oops. That is actually the one I meant, and actually spoke about (Locusts).

There is no variant (currently) of a ‘Locust-only’ farming build that is actually viable at XVI. You need the pets (or something) for damage.

Ahh, ya. Seeing that Fire Walker build is what got me interested in trying to find a Locust Swarm speed build again.

Not a big fan of Jade or Fetishes though. Not opposed to using the Gargs.

A little late to the party, but Lazy Locust is one of my favorite builds. What it lacks in a Sage’s Set bonus (bonus Death’s Breath), it makes up for in faster runs. Properly optimized, you can farm T14-16 easily.

Unfortunately, using the Arachyr’s Set proves useless past around T8 as far as Locust Swarm is concerned (apparently “+skill% damage” is paltry compared to “you deal +% more damage” - a painful nuance of D3), so to do a decent farming build, you have to go with either the LoD Gem or LoN ring set.

Here’s the shtick, simplified:

LoN Rings: maximum of +9,750% raw damage if every item equipped is Ancient (including the rings!). Note: This includes Ancient Set items, so as long as a Set Bonus isn’t in effect, you still get the damage bonus. RIP Ring of Grandeur. LoN also doesn’t count against Rift progression without Set Bonuses.

LoD Gem: at Level 99(!), matches the LoN bonus. However, the Gem can be superior until then, since it amplifies regular Legendaries as well as Ancient ones. Note: the Gem doesn’t benefit from Ancient Set items, only Legendary ones. It’s a trade-off.

Long story short, use the Gem (and level it!) until you land an Ancient set of both LoN rings and are decked out fully in Ancient Set items.

While the damage bonus of each choice is exponential, neither reflects the unique bonuses you get from each piece of gear on top of that.

Once you figure in Legendary effects (in this case, such items as Vile Hive, Ring of Emptiness, Quetzacoatl, etc), you’ll be doing more damage than most Set builds.

Basically, you have a ton of freedom while running the LoD gem or LoN Rings - so long as you incorporate (Ancient) Legendaries that compliment your build.