Dune dervish kills simulacrum clones with haunted visions active

A few days ago I was in a rift with my necro with the masquarade set, had two simulacrum clones out and suddenly I died. Suddenly my clones were gone with without them at tormen XVI I was an easy target. I got back up, hit simulacrum and seconds later I died again. I didnt understand why.

Just now Im in a normal rift and suddenly my clones are gone again. This time I saw a dune dervish hitting the clones with its whirlwind attack and they just disappear. With the amulet haunted visions my clones are not supposed to take any damage.

This is probably a killer in hardcore, worse than in normal mode.

When a Dune Dervish starts spinning and puts its shields up it is not only immune to damage, it also reflects incoming projectiles back to the players / pets. If your Necro or its pets are using abilities that are classed as projectiles, the first reflected projectile that would otherwise kill the Necro causes the sacrifice of the simulacrums. The second reflected projectile kills the Necro. Don’t fire projectiles at Dune Dervishes when they’re spinning / shielded or just skip those packs.

Also, as a possibility purely for Season 21, if you get the weather effect which is the lightning breath, if that hits a shielded Dervish, the breath is classed as a projectile and is directed back at the player.

1 Like

I never knew about that… Does this work like thorns? Because I dont see anything actually being reflected back at me.

I don’t play Necro much, but when I looked at yours you seemed to have Skeletal Mages selected. I can only presume the spells they fire at mobs are classed as projectiles and maybe it’s those that are being reflected at the hero.

This is into the territory of game advice rather than a bug though so perhaps the Necromancer forum might be a better source of info for you on that.

I have two necros. One is playing with mages and not set items and the other is the one with the masquarade set and the simulacrum issue who benefit from the bone spear who died.

I´ll ask over there. Thanks.

Bone Spear is almost certainly classified as a projectile and can be reflected by Dune Dervishes and Sand Dwellers.

3 Likes

It took me three attempts yesterday to kill Odek in act 1. His shield creates an unpredictable situation where your own projectiles will kill you and there is nothing you can do. This doesnt sound right to me.