Drop Rates In D2 Resurrected

you got that in 2 months great, u know the seasons are getting reduced right? gratz u have an enigma 3 days before the end of league if u play 6-7 hours a day for lets say 3 months. i think its an horrible idea. if u read it to yourself there is no way you think thats a good idea right?

Man you dont understand, i told you i found every rune and Lo the most but i found countless HoZ / Um / Phathom / Death Web/ GG unique. In that 2 month i made a nearly perfec full pcomb Hammer a smiter with an inventery full of 20 lifer and the best gear. 2os CoA everything just by trading the gear i MF. Btw man d2 is a trade game if your good at trading you will be able do do crazy build in 3-4 month ladder. One of my friend made an A.R bowazon like last reset in like 2-3 month with a inventory full of 30+ Life Ar / max dmg Gcs a set of Fool’s Mod armor / helmet (ar/level rare) if you know what im talking about. You know how much those thing sell for like 40 JAH + for only the armor… so yeh he was playing alot more then 6hr tho he was playing HARDCORE 12 to 16 hr a day every day.

1 Like

Played alot 1.09 & 1.10, never touched maphack.

3 Likes

Then you have to know that you were one of the only few xD in 1.09 1.10 i was 14 years old ok and my coussin who had 8 not even 10 was botting the heck out of D2 and no one showed it to him so man… Hack and exploit were so present like if didnt knew about them idk man pepole were talking about it every where. You say you never touched mh but you cant tell me you didnt knew every one was hacking right ?

Yes, maphack was popular, but i knew lot people which also played without. “Everyone” is clearly false.

1 Like

Ok… Not Everyone the majority of the player base.

Btw if you think diablo 2 has a too low drop rate and or the ladder season are too short i made a guide for you :slight_smile: Guide To Loot Rate / And Shorter Ladder Season

As much as I didn’t like D3 as much as D2, the drop rate of D3 is all what I would want implemented in d2.

Since, in D3 you have instanced loot (very appreciated since d2 as twice max number of players), oriented specifically with gears counting towards your class, and a drop rate equivalent to your play-time.

Yes its cool to have to work for your gear, but the large numbers of detailed horadric recipes and crafting mats in D3 was also making sure that eventually, your chances, altough still RGN where improved, that you are automomous and dont require the 3rd parties that killed D2.

Most people only played up to 1.11 and runes were awful for drop rates and most would agree that played in 1.11 or earlier that runes need a buff.
But they did get a buff so it may be good as is.

I am of the strong opinion that drop rates are perfectly fine in D2.

I don’t think I’ve ever gone more than a month without an HR drop, and I play casually (since 1.13 change, I mean. Before this, runes were very rare.)

2 Likes

Eventually you haven´t played much D2 in the last 10 years, because HRs are dropping pretty frequently nowadays.

I would even go that far that you will get an Enigma sooner than about every 2nd unique (if you want to farm one unique specifically, while you can farm the runes quite reliable at Lower Kurast chests)

granted i didnt play quite as much on 1.14d… but was able to pick up ( on realm) about maybe 3-5 hrs in over 10 years of playing… so i think its pretty safe to say HR drop rates should be increased… and yeah im sure there are plenty of “hyper efficient” boring AF things like “lower kurast runs”… i play the game to kill monsters.

i would convert keys to organs and doing hell ancients for fun.

( i hated uber tristy becuase the mephies stupid aura, coupled the the face him and his minors both have no leech value… it wasnt fun for the build i liked, to restricting)

but yeah even when i had 6+ hours a day to play i wasnt finding HR’s like some of u people did.

and yeah i did make a ton of HF’s by selling anni’s so i wasnt short on them… but i didnt ever FIND them

LK runs are only efficient with maphack, so I run chaos instead as I will only play legit.

LK finding enigma is on average 3000+ runs, with 2 campfires each run.

You’ll never get 2 campfires each run so it’s probably closer to 4K runs.

Chaos is better, where you only need to roll runes17 several hundred times to average the runes for enigma or trade equivalent.

It still takes dedication but I think rune droprates are fine.

Things like a high deaths fathom are way harder to hunt.

( I think I lowballed the enigma from LK, it might have been 3k runs per Ber/2Sur it has been a while since chaos is more efficient for HRs)

True that. When I farmed my last Enigma I did it on Singleplayer with a perfect map.

But yeah, CS might be quicker overall anyway, since chances are good that you will find some nice uniques on the way to just trade for the missing runes.

In general, after a few weeks I´m pretty sure you will get any kind of item or runeworld relatively cheap via trading, and only (nearly) perfect rolls and amazing rares/crafted items will be really expensive/rare.

I don’t how much D2 you’ve played, but the D3 system won’t work, because the games are fundamentally different in how you derive power.

In D2, a naked character with a maxed synergized skill, and a merc with an aura, can hold their own and even kill some things in hell; some people have even beaten the game this way.

In D3, a naked level 70 character will die to the first mob they cone in contact with.

In D2, the larger part of power is based in the actual skills, then augmented by gear. In D3, it is the obverse. The skills are useless without the gear.

Having loot drop in D2 the way it does in D3 would take all the fun and challenge out of the game. It would be like buffing D3 skills to do 100X their damage; the game would be too easy, and the gear would no longer matter.

D2’s drop rate is just fine, in my opinion, and I hope they leave it exactly the way it is.

3 Likes

Agreed, That’s exactly what brings such a good vibe playing D2 is when something Unique drops it has a thrilling exciting feeling.

1 Like

please no. Drop rates in D3 are totally childs play. I mean, after 2 or 3 days you can run 100+ portals totally easy.

1 Like

The Droprate in D2 is actually right now balanced and this game is made to be grinded, if some players play 1 hour per day or 1 time per week, they should not expect constantly drops like in d3.

So i think more they should start to play more a game as instead to hope to turn d2 in d3.

3 Likes

Where? I didnt see anything like that really.

Nah runes should be rare, runewords are too op. Rune drop chance is close to be perfect.

3 Likes

bruhhh i saw a lot of comments who players want d3 mechanics in d2 packed u need to watch out some topics in this forum.

The drop rates are fine. Only let all rune words be made even after the ladder.

Instead change to this:

In ladder and single player: 2 runes in cube = 1 higher rune.
Outside ladder and other multiplayer games: 3 runes in cube = 1 higher rune.

1 Like