Dregs of lies rank 3 stacks + permanent simulacrum

If you use dregs of lies rank 3 stacking effect with permanent simulacrums, the dregs will stack from the casting of the simulacrum (normal) but once the stacking reached 100 and dropped off it wont stack ever again until you summon new simulacrums.

I wanted to use it with masquerade (after all the simulacrums do the damage on this set, so using a pet focused gem made sense) but for now it doesn’t work the way it should.

I think a similar issue exists with monks and mystic allies.

Removing and adding the gem back doesn’t help. Only summoning the pets again allows to stack anew which makes me think that there is a flag on the pet that isn’t removed when all stacks have been removed from the player (probably because simulacrums and mystic allies are unconventional pet that can potentially cast player abilities and/or don’t show up in the follower/pet bar). I would guess the same issue might exist with sentries and the marauder build, but since sentries have limited lifespan they naturally get summoned again and as such they can stack normally

Simulacrums aren’t pets. No pet buffing item works with them.

Use different shard, Essence of Anguish preferably.

1 Like

One of the many goofy design choices by the Dev’s. Spirits are not pets for WD. Turrets are pets for the DH.

5 Likes

as I said earlier THEY ARE

since they TRIGGER THE GEM.

It DOES stack. Just once and then never until they are summoned again, so they must be considered pets somewhere

No, they are not. I repeat: none of the pet buffing items work with them. Example: the Enforcer legendary gem, it provides zero benefit to Simulacrums.

Have you never noticed that no guide for any build that utilizes Sims never recommend Enforcer? Wonder why? Because they are not pets!

Do not use Dregs of Lies with Sims builds! Use Essence of Anguish with the poison damage power instead.

2 Likes

then why does the dregs of lies stack on sim casts ???