Double jeopardy after Death with Impale

It’s bad enough that there’s still a 4-5 second delay before your body becomes corporeal again after resurrecting but now we also need to wait for Vengeance to come off cooldown before firing Impale again,

So for what seems like an eternity, the best we can do is run around unable to kill anything and pray we don’t get one-shotted until Vengeance can be cast again.

My personal feeling on this besides, 'Don’t die and this doesn’t become a problem" is that upon resurrection, cooldowns need to be reset so that we can be viable and not sitting ducks.

p.s. mobs following your moves and bombarding your res location while a player is in non-corporeal form is is a very sleezy tactic and should be reworked.

1 Like

I never notice any of these problems. I rarely die but it happens once in a while. Anyway you can use impale even if vengeance is down. I believe there are other classes with builds that are far worse off when dying.

Easy solution, just play hardcore then you worry about vengeance availability or lack thereof after dying.

2 Likes

Well cooldowns not being reset is part of punishment/consequence for death so I think it is fine.

Also I am pretty sure the delay after resurrecting is to prevent situations where you just go from dead to fully alive inside a group of monsters and die again.

If that were to be implemented, on softcore people might deliberately die to regain a long cooldown, i.e. deliberately dying and ressing might become a viable tactic.

ez fix. Dying in a GR marks that run as invalid and doesn’t show up on the leaderboards. Can you imagine the outcry? :smiley:

In any case, I do think there might be some edge cases where it’d make sense to do something, but at the same time i really doubt the developers want to look into edge cases at this point and are probably and hopefully more focused on the next seasonal content.