{Don't you want money?} Why are you not selling character slots & stash tabs?

The game is almost 10y old. I play since day 1. So it’s obvious I’m not stuck with 1 class and I have all the classes with all the sets and complimentary gear for the respective builds. I’m not hoarding, I simply run out of character slots and stash space.

I know it’s an old known issue and as far as I recall the comment on this issue from one of your devs was “You’ll always want more stash space, no matter how much you’ll have” or something among those lines.

But this kind of attitude towards a REAL known issue, IMHO is VERY incompetent.
It’s like saying why live a healthy life if you gonna die anyway.

It’s a loot oriented game. And the loot it self is basically a way of saving your progress. Shouldn’t we have the ability to save our progress?

If you don’t feel like it’s a common sense to give an extra character slot & a stash tab every season ( specially for those of us who don’t have an available one and are forced to delete a character to have a single slot for the season)

At least sell us one.

Why should I or anyone in situation like me bother playing the game anymore if you can’t save your progress any further?

This forced me to play other games like poe etc… Where for the better or worse, they at least have the basic understanding of giving you that option to buy more space/slots if you need it.

I mean come on now… Do I or anyone else actually have to write an essay about something simple as this?

Don’t you have brains !?! …Oh I’m sorry, I forgot you got smartphones… Stupid me…

Edit:
Before you reply with more suggestions like buy new copy or play hardcore. I would like to inform you that making a hardcore character is not possible without an available character slot. And buying 2nd account for the sake of inflating their sold copy numbers doesn’t solve the given issue either. You can’t transfer/share your items between accounts.

Regarding the ridiculous excuse of technical problems with reasonable amount of stash space being impossible. I don’t see how it affects on the limitation of character slots? Or there is an excuse for that too?

24 Likes

Angry you can’t spend money?

Nice wall.

4 Likes

If you have played seasons and have all 13 tabs and are running out of stash space - yeah, you’re hoarding.

6 Likes

If you play non season and have 1 of each set for each class, you are going to want at least 2 tabs per class (for ease of organizing) plus 1 tab for gems.

Since 13 < 15, “more tabs” is no longer an unreasonable request.

Limiting the number of builds you can make in a loot hunting game seems ludicrous. (Imho)

14 Likes

If you have RoS dlx edition, that gives you 17 character slots. Make 2 of each class (how many do you need of each class?) Make, lets use WD as an example, 1 be your Helltooth/Arychyrs - wear one set, put other set in your inventory (off to the right side so you know to keep them and not salvage) Make other WD Jade Harvester/Zunimassa. Do that for every class. Boom, you just took every set piece out of your stash and saved them on your characters that use them. You still have 3 character slots. Make mules and stash other stuff in there. Have one hold all your excess gems, another your jewelry, another your primals… More than enough stash space open now to hold other assorted stuff.

1 Like

I can see HC players needing 3 char slots per class.

• pusher
  • farmer
  • backup

I feel that the reason for shared space is to remove mules.

If you are playing all sets on all classes, 13 tabs is not really enough.

If you are playing only 1 class, even on HC, filling 8 tabs could be considered “hoarding”.

5 Likes

That’s a HC problem. Maybe just pick your favorite classes and stick with them? We don’t always get what we want in life.

1 Like

Yes you are. There is plenty of stash space

2 Likes

Well that is just not true, even if you were not hoarding the 13 tabs is not enough.
Every class has many sets and variations of builds, unless you only play like one class and build you will eventually run out of stash.

11 Likes

Says the guy who barely plays.

5 Likes

I agree with you concerning the need of more stash.
But as I remember, giving us more stash somehow bugs out the game or servers.
That is probably why they will not give/sell us more stash.

The game was designed rather poorly in that aspect I guess.
As I recall we were going to get even more stashtabs through seasons until they found out it somehow bugs with the game.

2 Likes

I just hope D4 doesn’t have that problem.

Even if it means all items take up 1 slot each, I’d be OK.

2 Likes

In a loot hunt game with 7 character classes with 4-5 six piece sets per class and potential LoN/LoD builds, it would be nice to have more stash space and/or character slots. I am not arguing for crazy amounts. Given what they said about all stash tabs being loaded into every players game client in a 4 player game, extra character slots (albeit not ideal to have mule characters) would be a possible solution.

10 Likes

I almost never play more than 1 class per season and still all my stash are full.

• 3 stash to dump stuff while GR to not waste time.
  • 2 Stash full of skill gem ( only need 1 most of the season ofc )
  • 1 stash with stat gem
  • 2 stash for the green set
  • 1 stash for ring/amulet
  • 1 stash for weapon / off hand
  • 1 stash for Armor/Waist/bracers
  • 1 stash for primals / good thing i want to keep

So 1 character use already 11/12 stash for me. The second character share some stash with my first character and i sacrifice 1 dump stash so the 2/3 stash left are for my second character … it’s not a lot. I can’t make 3 character for sure.

3 Likes

Also played since launch.
Never ever had issues with stash space.

That is my current understanding as well. Diablo 3 was not designed to handle large amounts of inventory for some reason. I don’t know WHY, but the engine and game have issues when they increase stash too much. Apparently the D3 team knew that, and limited our stash tabs. Classic team who now has the game, did not really understand and tried to give us more. That did not work out, but communications were pretty poor so players (including me), were ticked.

I get it now, but it felt pretty terrible to get my hopes up, only to have those hopes taken away.

I really really hope so. It should be a no brainer to realize that players of loot hunting games want SPACE.

I had 4 D2 accounts for mules.
Torchlight 2 (and other ARPG) mods that were popular? Stash space.
PoE Microtrans that sells well - SPACE.

8 Likes

Some people have minimalists approach to saving gear which is fine. Some take a more moderate view.

P.S. What region do you play on? I only saw an account on EU with 1661 non-season paragon. This account has 2 seasonal characters of which only 1 is level 70 and no non-season characters whatsoever. If you only play seasons, then stash space is not as severe an issue.

You are lost in the past. Try building something new.

Yeah, that’s called hoarding.

1 Like

Because gear rains from the sky, Nalfein’s method is called “keeping :poop: organized”.

1 Like