Don't play Hardcore

I’m starting to think this game is strictly online solely to kill hardcore solo players for DCs. That is all.

DCs are part of HC. If it was always safe we would all be playing SC. Most HC players are very aware to the fact that their character could die at any time. Maybe that’s the appeal? That’s why most of us always have another character in the wings and always have a backup set of gear waiting.

3 Likes

^ This.

Random typing to make up the 20 characters required.

In the past 5 years I have not had a single disconnect.

When I die, it’s all on me.

5 Likes

Personally I have died from Freezing screen before, but overwhelmingly I’ve died from stupidity. Things like talking to my wife and forgetting I was playing HC. Or when I was in Cow Level and I was absolutely, positively had killed all the cows and was collecting the loot, when the doorbell rung and I went to answer it. Only to come back and find out my hero dead and a cow standing over him. Guess I missed one, ha? LOL Yeap, stupidity!

1 Like

Today i got the random game freeze that occured with this new season. I didn’t had that ever before.
Guess what happened. Game froze --> immediately alt f4 since pausing didin’t work.
restarting game and voila HC Char is dead.

i know that one can prevent this by switching out the sound file but i don’t think that players should tinker with game files (which is against tos) just to be able to play the game.

In the main thread in Tech Support there’s literally a blue post suggesting players use that workaround until Blizzard fix the underlying problem. (Of course, that post is now months old).

Well that doesn’t change to preoblem that Blizzard should solve the problem and still you have to play without game sound.
I guess many people don’t like the game sound but i don’t want to play without it

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree on that, especially as this issue has now been outstanding for well over 10 months, but until and unless they do, the DLL thing is pretty much the only option for affected players.

1 Like

That sucks my man.

Oddly enough, I had a huge lag spike last night, which would have resulted in death had I not been it town.

Mine was caused by Steam running in the back ground doing an auto update. Once I closed it, I had no issues.

if you are so afraid of DC and dying, simply play LoD bombardment sader. this guy never dies unless pushing very very high