DON'T KILL Greed!

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched Puzzle Rings wasted in Public games. Players get one and want to “share” the treasure by cubing it ASAP in a Bounty or Rift run for others to enjoy.

This has been tested by me many, many times. Greed will run into walls and drop a goblin six (6) times before he stops dropping them. Each goblin dropped can be killed with the resultant drop of loot.

If you kill Greed before he drops goblins you lose out on one of the better treasures in the game. It’s like running into a crowd of goblins in an enclosed space with the bonus of Greed at the end.

This is how to play it. Try it on your own a few times to get the hang of it. Dismiss your follower and any pets, ancients, etc. so they don’t cause damage to Greed too soon. Enter the vault and wake him up. Find a wall to hug well away from him and wait for him to come to you. Dodge all the crap he throws at you but lure him into running into a wall.

As soon as he hits a wall he’ll drop a goblin. Position to kill the goblin WITHOUT injuring Greed. When he’s dropped 6 goblins you can finally kill him.

LOTS OF LOOT!! Have fun! :santa:

2 Likes

Hate to be the one to tell you this, but that trick has been known about for quite some time.

2 Likes

Greed isn’t a he. She’s the Baroness of the Treasure Realm and the mistress of all Treasure Goblins. Most players don’t bother to wait around for the extra goblins during the boss event because they’d rather kill her quickly and do another run of the Vault.

7 Likes

The goblins that jump off of Greed’s back are a waste of time; they drop diddly squat compared to what you get from the rest of the vault. They’re not like the actual goblins you encounter on the way to Greed that are worth killing for the loot they drop, oh no, these are the “Blizzcon 2018” of goblins. “This is gonna be great! Six more goblins to kill! Oh. That’s it? Is it April 1st?” Kill Greed ASAP, get out of there, do another puzzle ring or move on to a rift.

5 Likes

At T13 this was not very productive for me, at T16 more loot drops so may be worth you while. Just don’t die :slight_smile:

It’s not (20 characters req.)

Maybe not yours, but the OP enjoys it, others might also.

I think i will kill “her”, thanks :crazy_face: