Don't be "that guy"

My point was more so that the two situations are very different, because one is a person catering to a small number of people while the other is a major company that needs to make millions of people happy.

I’m also not saying that “X sucks!” is the greatest of feedback. My original point was that you can offer criticism that does not include needing to come up with your own solution to everything.

We’re not all game designers or developers. We’re not all going to have good ideas on how to fix things, but we are generally going to be aware that we don’t like something in the game.

To use the food example: I may not be able to tell you how to make a specific dish taste great, but I can certainly tell you if it tastes bad to me.

Being constructive is great, but I’ve never cared for the “you must post your own solution or your feedback is worthless” mentality.

It does not matter how many people you are catering to. The principles of feed back remain the same.

Certainly, you can say that it tastes bad, or that the game is bad. If you don’t specify what aspect is bad, then nobody can even consider making improvements. “Bad” is not descriptive. That is why I gave a specific game related example that illustrated constructive feedback that defined what specific game aspect a person might not like.

Please note, I agree with you. Suggesting exactly HOW to fix it from a technical perspective, is not a good move.

-Bad feedback: I hate Diablo 3
-Good feedback: I don’t like playing D3 because the artwork and atmosphere is nothing like the earlier dark and gothic games.
-Overdone feedback: An explanation of exactly what in each image or zone needs to be changed.

A comparable food example

-Bad: I hate this meal
-Good: This meal is not great because the potatoes are too salty
-Overdone: A long lecture on how to cook potatoes

You seem to have missed that what he was talking about, was going for the middle level there - where you specify what you want, not lecture them on how to fix it (which you agree would be bad feedback).

5 Likes

Thank you MissC! Cooking dinner here :yum:

They dont need to be hired. Fans of some games are absolutely rabid. I saw them on the release stream screaming about how diablo sucks and x game is better

I have no problem saying I wont buy the game if I don’t like something, be the graphics, a mechanic or whatever. I don’t have to give examples on ways to fix it, I am not a developer. I am letting Blizzard know, if that is how it will be, then i’m not buying it. It is the same as boycotting. For example, I love trading. It don’t matter how much I talk, explain my position, or try to tear down the excuses. Blizzard will most likely ignore my feedback because they fanboys want it one way while I want it another. I left D3 because they removed trade. I want D4 to have trade, and not the bull crap bind on pickup crap. If there is no trade, I wont buy it, its not an ultimatum. It is a fact. It is not because i make money from trade, because I don’t. I love trade because it offers another option for you to gain an item you have been farming for months, maybe longer. When people see “Trade” all they see is RMT and Botters. That is ridiculous that a company would limit trading for those reasons. (I hate botters, and RMT BTW). But, It is not up to me to come up with a solution for it, that is the dev’s problem. I am just a gamer, not a developer. But the fact still remains, I will not buy Diablo 4 if there is no trade. No ultimatum, just cold hard FACT.

1 Like

I feel like it doesn’t really matter if the game is good or not, you guys will most likely buy it.

Okay, you can still communicate that in a mature way. So try something like this next time.

For me, trading is a critically important feature and I would like to see it return in Diablo 4, and is the sole deciding factor on whether I purchase it or not. As a long time Diablo fan, I’d love it if I could play it one day, but only if there is a free, open trading system with no restrictions.

What I find hilarious about “that guy” is the belief somehow that Blizzard gives a rat’s patoot about them not buying D4 and that they speak for the “majority” of players…

Can you see the Devs looking at the General Forum and going, “well these 6 people won’t buy the game if we don’t have (insert ridiculous demand here)…guess we’ll just scrap it.”

2 Likes

Well very small pebbles float don’t they?

Some posts in this forum do too :wink:

1 Like

We are living in social media outage age.

Outrage/ sensationalism get all the clicks . Not well constructed calm arguments.

Facts don’t matters, only feelings. I am right everyone is wrong. Everyone that doesn’t having same ideology as me are evil or ignorant.

It is what it is. If there’s no free trade, for example, then I’m not buying the damn thing. Not sure what else to say about it.

Not everyone will buy the game.

DIV will once again be the fastest selling PC game of all time. Mark my words, Wizard.

Shortly after the D2 fanboys will be complaining that it is not D2. Calling it now, haters gonna hate. :cry::crying_cat_face::sob: