Done GR70 But still no primal drops

Hi, I just finished GR70 a few days ago but still noticed that there are still no drops of Primal ancients. Seeking assistance on how to resolve this issue… Thank you

According to your profile, you did it in non-season. Complete GR70 solo only unlocks primal. Doesn’t mean you will get one.

Primal is very rare. Bad luck is not a bug.

The guaranteed primal is a season-only reward.

3 Likes

@maskraider And how rare is rare?
Having exact the same gamebreaking experience brought me to this topic.

A friend (Solo GR90+) and me (Solo GR 80+) have been grinding GRs, bounties and Neph. Rifts for weeks now. Beside the primals we are not even able to complete our sets. Not by the Kube… Not by Kadala. There is no such thing as bad luck. Sooner or later the odds should be with us and make us achieve at least something.

1 in 10 legendaries are ancient.
1 in 400 legendaries are primal.

Whilst it’s still obviously by averages, the more legendaries you earn, the more primals you’ll get. So, the most effective way of getting primals is to increase the number of legendaries per hour you get, by speed-running GRs at a level where you can complete them in 3-4 minutes per run.

I understand averages but…
we do a 2 hour grind with 2 heroes every evening for 2 weeks now.
mostly GR80 ~ 90 which returns min. 8 legendaries with Urshi.
Overall we generally have at least 10 runs every evening.

That’s 14 (days) * 2 (players) *10 (runs) * 8 (items) = 2.240 items.
Excluding those of Kadala and from the Kube!
NONE of those were primal.
It get’s even worse… but let me put that in a separate topic.

How rare? Put it this way, if I got 1 primal in a rift, then 49 other players won’t get any primal in a rift. If I got 2 primals, then 98 other players won’t get any primal in a rift; like this:

Blame me, lol. :grin:

So you’re telling me this is some of overall pool? And that our odds of getting Primals are dependent on players we never met?

I didn’t tell anything. Only dev knows.
But, I don’t assume that each player has his/her own pool. (There is no pool at all.)

RNG is just a maths function. It is used to generate loots, maps, mobs, mystic, Urshi, etc. It is unnecessary to create a RNG just for your. One RNG can be shared by all random things in the game.

Okay, so that’s 1120 legendaries each.

Chance that a legendary will be primal = (1/400)
Chance that a legendary will not be primal = (399/400)
Chance that none of X legendaries will be primal = (399/400)^X
Chance that none of 1120 legendaries will be primal = (399/400)^1120 = 0.060597

So, approximately 6% of people would get exactly this result, i.e. no primals from 1120 legendary drops.

The issue is how slowly you’re running your GRs. You said you’re managing 10 GRs in two hours. That means you’re taking 12 minutes per GR. Drop the GR level until you can run them in 3-4 minutes a run. Sure, you’ll get slightly less drops per GR, but you can run three times as many GRs in the same time. So, let’s plug that in…

14 days * 1 player * 30 runs * 6 items = 2520 items

Chance that none of 2520 legendaries will be primal = (399/400)^2520 = 0.001822

So, approximately 0.2% of people would get exactly this result, i.e. no primals from 2520 legendary drops.

Anyway, none of this is a bug.

I don’t think it’s a bug actually but I’ve been walking around here since the Auction House and like I mentioned in my own topic… 2 things made us suspicious here:

1. Both of us had this weird bug of an elite not actually dying but being in some kind of loop of dying animation.

2. Literally 9 out of 10 legendaries from Kadala and the Cube (Hope of Canai) are the same 2 legendaries over and over again being Hexing pants of mr Yen and Pox Faulds.

I mean… I understand gambling, odds, rolling dice and calculating chances.
But all of this in a same period when exactly the same issue is posted by someone else?

I really start having the feeling I am doing something wrong but what else is there?

This has been covered in the Known Issues post sticky at top of the forum:

Random is random. Sometimes that will happen, but not always. It happens to me sometime too, but not often.

It will happen more often sub-70 because each item has a minimum drop level. At low levels, the possible items are limited and therefore you will see the same items appear more often.

As I said, “random” (RNG) is just a simple maths function. It doesn’t know what it is generated for, kadala/primal/reforge/…, It doesn’t care.