Does similacrums count as pet

Hi I just started the ptr and havent played quite a while so sorry if i am asking basic knowledge …

was wondering if simulacrums count as pet ? if yes why is not anyone using enforcer gem with the new set since the similacrums shoud do more bone spear damage then the necro ?

also does mask of jeram or tasker n theo work (not sure if u can squeeze it somewhere but)

also how much more damage does macabe from johnstone give ?

1 Like

Tasker and Theo has zero effect on Simulacrum. They cast when you cast, at the same rate that you do, so giving them increased attack speed does nothing. They will only cast faster if you are casting faster.

2 Likes

And they will hit harder if you are enhanced, empowered or you’ve been improved your Bone Spear skill.

That’s why none is using Enforcer. Its effect will only apply to the Simulacrum’s own attacks: its spells are only enhanced if the Necromancer’s own are.

Besides, it’s improvement (at rank 25 or higher) is useless in the new set bonus: 'cause Simulacrums now they don’t take damage from mobs or other source of damage. Instead, they can die if you take too much damage that they can’t bear: while your Simulacrums are active, you take 50% less damage, and all damage you receive is split among your active Simulacrums.

Yeah but stricken gives 25% to rift guardian while enforcer gives like 40 or more

And considering the simulacrums get 30000% i am guessing they do more damage then the necro himself

Am i missing something?

According to the wiki:
They count as pets, but their spells are not counted as pet dmg.
The only buff they get from pet modifiers is to their basic attack with their small scythe.

Ah ok thx then that is why no one is using enforcer

But maybe they should make it so enforcer enchances them could be a way to buff the set since it is highly underperforming

no they dont … svr tested it on stream they also dont die when you proc live

I thought they counted as pets as well they 100% dont unless it was changed for this patch

Note that there are reasons to use Simulacrum without the new set since you can still pair the skill runes with the Haunted Vision amulet. So, in those cases, the Enforcer gem will keep the Simulacrum from being destroyed by enemy damage. I have tested this and it does make all the difference on them staying up after just one cast if you’re not using the new set.