Does Matthew Cederquist Still Work Here?

It always seemed to me that it should have been the other way around: TL2 = embed images, TL3 = embed videos.

Oh well, I guess it’s now TL3 to embed anything. (?)

Meteorblade

When are you going to get off of your backside and apply for one of the CM positions? Maybe they will let you work from home.

We are no longer worthy.

The CMs work at the campus offices - and MB does not work in the US.

It was not the folks on the D3 forum that abused it. It was folks on some of the busier game forums. We all use the same software though.

1 Like

Pour 8 ounces of cheap bourbon into a plastic beach pail, add three ice cubes, and guzzle whilst nestled in a pool float. Pool optional. Garnish with sunburn and painkillers.

When the neighbors tell you to get off the lawn, you tell them where to stick it and how hard.

3 Likes

Do you have a special on Netflix I could watch?

I assume you’re a professional comedian.

What was abused exactly?

I did not dig into it. I was told by the OW Tech Support MVP that people were using the youtube preview thumbnail posting at TL2 in order to post things that were not so cool. It came up when we were talking about the forum functionality change.

I am still not sure if it is intentional or not. Just because there are issues, does not mean Blizz meant to take away that function. I can try to ask if there was ever a final answer on it. This was the last post talking about it from Blizzard over on teh CS forum. There was a thread about it last week. You Tube posting - #6 by Kalviery - Customer Support - World of Warcraft Forums

We’re not aware of any intentional changes to this but we asked last week to have it double checked.

So, it’s not a bug, but intentional to stop that kind of stuff.

They have to change how TL work. That’s the best course of action.

Leave things as they are now. Promote all TL3 to TL4 (same requirements as for TL3). And make the new TL3 have less requirements than before, but more than TL2, giving linking to youtube to those people who comply (for example have enough posts and days visited).

The above would cut youtube and videos embedding for 90% of the old TL2 folks. I’d also allow imgur for such a potential new TL3.

Now the question for me is should I push reaching current TL3 so I have embedding for new D4 update? I’ll have to “read” a lot these days…

Thanks for the update. I wonder what kind of youtube video that they posted was so bad that Blizzard staffs feel that they need to increase the requirement to TL3 for youtube posting.

Based on some peoples reactions around here, it was probably Rhykker videos :smiley:

3 Likes

If I had to wager a guess, since this originated on the Overwatch platform, there were probably political videos being embedded, some of which very likely had to do with Blitzchung. Blizzard doesn’t mind us posting youtube vids at TL2, but it does mind the politicalized and/or sensitive material some were posting. They are after all trying to maintain a politically agnostic platform.

You know the saying: It only takes a single rotten apple to spoil the entire barrel. It’s why we can’t have (or keep) good things. :frowning:

3 Likes

Youtube videos can be posted if you spend an inordinate amount of time on the forums.

hey: I only suggest that the poster re-post all the links to the patch notes into a Wiki.
I’m not to blame for the derailment this time. (At least, I think)

Hey! Thanks for posting guys. Sorry I work at the hospital on weekends. 3 Days a week I am kinda gone doing other stuff.

But thank you for responding! Great to see Matt is still here. I am a big fan. He has done a lot of amazing things with Diablo 3 themes.

Thank you Pez for making it happen. While the mainstream gaming media might not cover Diablo 3, there are several quality D3 news sites that can help support and even build the community (even this many years into its lifecycle). Not to mention all of the wonderful streamers who haven’t been banned. All of my favorite ones are still on the leaderboards! You know who you are because you are still there.

But really, thank you for being open minded and listening.

I would give you my recipe for Seafood Gumbo but it’s one of those dishes you have to see being made to learn how to make it. Hard to make just reading a recipe.

1 Like

Noms. I adore gumbo, but have some issues with some seafood though! I suspect we could come to an agreement.

Can leave out the shellfish. It’s just as good made with chicken and Andouille sausage. Gumbo is like curry - 100s of ways to make it, just have to get the basics down. With gumbo it’s all in the roux. Gotta like okra also :crazy_face:.

The secret to gumbo is the dark roux. Don’t cook it on a stove. Cook it slowly 3+ hours in an oven (275 degrees). Half flour, half butter (by weight). Stir it every 30 minutes or so.

Not in the bayous. No butter - Crisco :crazy_face: