Does items get back to my non-season if i deleted my only season character?

so like the title said. i finished with the seasonal journey already. so if i deleted my only season character. will those items that on that character back to me when the season ended or lost?

Yes. I’ve done this before when my only HC seasonal character died. Everything left in your stash at the end of the season is still mailed to you, even if you don’t have any seasonal characters left.

EDIT: I see you are talking about deleting the character with items still on them? Almost positive you won’t get items a deleted seasonal character was still wearing when you deleted them. Transfer all the items off your character into your stash first, then delete the character.

4 Likes

thank you so much:+1: :+1:

No, deleting a hero won’t mail items back to NS. They just vanish.

You can put items in the stash. The stash will be mailed back to NS AFTER season end (~3 months from now). Thus you can delete seasonal heroes, and recreate them as non-season.

2 Likes

Hello fellow forum members,

I have a similar question/dilemma to seek some clarity.
I deleted my one and only seasonal hero in order to create a non-seasonal character to level on Darkening of Tristam event 2021, earlier today.
Using my NON-seasonal characters lvl 70, non-lvl 70 characters to enter gam, I am not seeing the bottom-left mail-in icon of my deleted-seasonal gear (on body) and items (stash + inventory).

How can I retrieve my (deleted) Seasonal character’s gear and items?
Or in other words, why am I not seeing the mail-in?

Many thanks in advance!

The items in the Seasonal Stash do not transfer over until the Season ends. That will be months from now. No official date has been given.

If you had items ON the character when you deleted it, then those won’t be sent at all. They are deleted.

3 Likes

When the season ends, all the gear that was in your seasonal stash is sent to the non-seasonal email system.

This isn’t what you’ve done. You’ve just deleted a seasonal hero, and thus any gear they were wearing / had in their inventory, and anything on their followers has been deleted.

However, on the assumption that you still have at least one hero slot free, at the hero selection screen, at the bottom-right of the screen, you’ll see a little green “back” arrow. Clicking that lets you undelete the most recently deleted hero. Using that you could recover the hero you deleted. That way, you could take their gear off, put it into the seasonal stash, and when the season ends, the stash contents will arrive in non-seasonal.

3 Likes

Gracias to Miss Cheetah and Meteorblade,

1. Items get transferred to Non-Seasonal only when Season ends.
  2. Only items in stash get transferred, not inventory, not gear worn ON character.
  3. Okays, I shall attempt to recover back. Cross my fingers with ‘Un-delete’.

Will update again, cheers!
Above understanding is accurate yeah, especially point 2?

Thank you both. Awesome.

1 Like

No, that’s not right.

When a season ends, seasonal heroes (and the gear they’re wearing / have in their inventory), and their followers (and their gear) become non-seasonal heroes. You don’t lose anything.

Blizzard used to publish a blog article near the end of each season, which explained exactly what happens when a season ends. They’ve stopped doing this (don’t know why) but here’s the last one they did publish…

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22312196/season-14-ending-soon-8-31-2018

Whilst that’s about the end of Season 14, the process remains the same.

1 Like

What happens to items stored on different locations (stash vs. inventory vs worn vs. follower vs. did I miss out others) IF one deletes his/her seasonal heroes before season ends?

1 Like

If your seasonal hero still exists at the time the season ends, it all gets transferred over as they are in the inventory. Same goes for Follower.

If you delete your hero with stuff still in inventory/equipped, your Follower items are also gone.

3 Likes

I have manage to un-deleted my seasonal hero and transferred all items into its STASH.

If I do delete before season ends, I will have to wait till End-of-Season to retrieve Stash Items.

Grateful & Good Day to all of you.
:heart_eyes:

1. Season 14 Ending Soon - Diablo III
    " * Items that are currently equipped on a hero or in that hero’s inventory will stay on that hero as it moves to a non-Seasonal game mode.
  • Items that are in your Seasonal stash will be sent through the in-game mail system to your non-Seasonal heroes. These items can be claimed by any non-Seasonal hero up to 30 days from the time you first log in after the Season ends. To access these items on PC, enter a game and hit the Mail icon located in the lower left corner of your screen to open your inbox."
1 Like

Just one question - why the rush to delete your seasonal hero?

To get pet Butcher achievement.
All my 12 hero slots are used up, including 1 for season.

1 Like

Ah. Was just wondering. You not have Necro expansion with extra hero slots?

In which case, it’s time to tell you about Rebirth which allows you to turn an existing non-seasonal hero into a level 1 seasonal hero (maintaining that hero’s played time, kill counts and so on).

Word of warning. If you decide to do this, there are two ways you could do it.

1. Pick a non-seasonal hero. Take all of their gear off and put it into your non-seasonal stash (also do this for their follower’s gear), so that it’s essentially a “naked” hero. Make a note of their passives, abilities, runes and so on. Then rebirth them. At the end of the season, when the hero becomes non-seasonal again, their old gear is in the stash waiting to be collected.
  2. Pick a non-seasonal hero and rebirth them. This turns them into a level 1 seasonal hero, but the gear they and their follower were wearing get sent back to the non-seasonal email system. Those emails last 30 days and, if not collected, are deleted along with the gear in them. So, if you choose this method, right after the rebirth, switch over to a non-seasonal hero and collect the gear. Of course, if you’re going to do this anyway, method one is easier.
1 Like

I read that Season ends on 28Mar later this week.

My question goes like this.
What is the waiting period for the Seasonal hero to get converted to NS upon closure, end date/time of Season? #first-timer

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, it’s right away. The season ends, and your stuff is mailed.

2 Likes

You’ll see the text in General Chat that the season has ended.
At that point, your seasonal heroes are now non-seasonal, i.e. seconds.

3 Likes