Does impale require Kalei's point to be wielded?

I have my demon hunter with a standard shadow build. Just completed a GR100. I’m wielding an ok Karlei’s point and have a dawn in the cube. I just picked up a really nice Dawn, so I wielded that and put a Karlei’s in the cube. Trying a T16 Nrift and I can’t kill anything except the smallest trash. Elites just laugh at me. If I wield the dagger and cube the dawn, I’m doing fine again.

Does impale require wielding a dagger? Is there something else I’m missing?

The set does not require Karlei’s specifically; however it does require a melee weapon equipped. (ie. worn, not cubed)

2 Likes

Sidenote: A well rolled Dawn works nicely on the GoD set, so keep it for that if you ever choose to use it.

1 Like

Ok, so that was my problem. To bad. It was a nice Dawn. I’ll put it aside for the GoD build once I get around to that. Thanks!

1 Like

A while back I was trying to theorycraft a crossover between Nat’s and Shadow and it wasn’t working and I wasn’t sure why until I remembered this requirement. If only DH could dual wield any 1H weapons . . .

Too bad, at the time it would have been sweet. I think Shadow has been buffed enough now that it wouldn’t matter.

I have wished for that indeed. It makes sense to me that one could wield a melee weapon in main hand and still have a hand xbow on the other. Sadly, it’s a dream only at this point.

For a while, due to a bug, they could. This led to hybridising sets that benefitted from the large S2 damage bonus, whilst using the abilities of the other set because they had a melee weapon and a one-handed crossbow equipped. Blizzard specifically patched this out of the game and posted about why on the forums.

1 Like

If dual wielding 1H melee weapon and a hand crossbow together was possible, it would allow S2N6 and unlike any other class set hybrid, it doesn’t even require RoRG. That hybrid would have total damage multiplier of x8601, no other set alone or combined with another comes even close to that. That’s an absolutely bonkus amount of damage, bye bye balance.

In my opinion no class set hybrid build should even exist. Combining class sets with crafted sets (like Captain Crimson) and such is fine but having bonuses from different class sets is a bit too much. S2N6 would be so horrible that even Blizzard agreed that it’s not allowed.