Do you need any more proof?

There is a difference in opinions. Facts are facts. You and I may differ on whether or not we want balance changes or optional personal loot.

First, it is a fact that Chris Lena has stated that balance changes are an option if the players want them. The veracity of this fact can be verified in the two links below.

Diablo 2: Resurrected’s single-player alpha starts this Friday | PCGamesN
Lena told us that the door is open for things like balance changes to help keep the game vibrant for a modern community – if, indeed, players indicate that they actually want that to happen.

Also, you can see here for direct quotes.
How Diablo 2: Resurrected is calling on the spirit of the original ARPG | PCGamesN

Facts are facts. I would kindly suggest that you do not impugn someone’s integrity when they provide multiple direct quotes from Blizzard to validate their statements/

It is a fact that David Brevik has said on multiple occasions that with the clarity of hindsight that he wished that 3 things were different in D2 (removal of stamina bar, auto-gold pickup, and personal loot instead of FFA loot.) Here are factual links to prove that I am factually accurate in claiming this and that it is undeniable truth.

In 2016, Brevik tweeted that for diablo 2 “Removing the stamina bar and instancing loot are a few things I would love to see.”

Here is twitter feed of interest:

My point is that even David Brevik sees things in Diablo 2 he would change if he could including having personal loot.

Even if you think Brevik mis-tweeted, he reiterated his thoughts on personal loot here:

2 Likes