Do you guys buy 3 Rare Crests using hilt every day in DI?

Just wondering is it wise to buy 3 rare crests using hilt every day in Diablo Immortal?

or there is a better way to spend your hilts?

That’s the only thing I do with hilt(besides monthly legendary crest and gem) and I do it every day.

Crests is pretty much the only thing worth spending hilts. I buy the rare ones daily and the legendary one monthly.

Also, if you think you might run out of hilts, just become Shadow and do vault raids. Almost endless supply of hilts.

When I played, I would buy them if I could. I did not always have them though so I’d often have to save up for a while and get one or two. And then I would not use the Crests I had bought as I was hoping to save them so I could run one big thing. It took too long and I gave up from boredom.

I spend hilts on keys, since I am focused on leveling up my Legacy of the Horadrim gems.

I have 20+ regular crests, so I am good for now.

I have over 60 so no need to buy any. Do they really do anything?

I just use 1 crest per elder rift. I don’t feel you get enough to justify the very, very slightly increased rewards.

Now that we can grind for legendary crests with our fading embers, there is something else to work for.

Crests and keys mostly.

I am playing an alt with no cash spent at all.

I have run maybe 50 Elder Rifts with Rare Crests.

I can craft almost any bound leg gem I want from all the runes that drop.

So yes, running rare crests is perfectly for the “no pay” option of playing.

If you do only bounties/contracts and blessings every day you gain at least 2 paragon per day, sometimes 3 paragon.

A para one character will be paragon 60 in less than 3 weeks.

2 Likes

There are two weekly caps on the number of Embers you can earn from running Elder Rifts

• 280 - Earned from running an Elder Rift
  • 120 - Earned from running an Elder Rift with a crest

Running the Elder Rift gives 8 Embers per run and this counts towards the 280 cap.
For every crest added, you get one more Ember and those count towards the 120 cap.

If you do the runs in a group, the extra Embers are granted to everyone in the party. So, let’s say you have a party of four, and you each contribute 1 crest each, that’s 4 extra Embers for everyone at the end, so you all earn 12 Embers (8 for the run, 4 from the crests) from that run.

You use the Embers at the NPC merchant to the left of the Elder Rift portal to purchase runes, and these runes can be used at the Jeweller NPC to craft legendary gems. As the weekly cap was upped from 200 to 280 in the last patch, this ensures that if you reach the base cap, you can buy enough runes to craft multiple legendary gems per week.

Would that mean that every extra crest used is more efficient in that you don’t need to do another rift to get the runes but crest for crest the reward is the same? So you save time?

Speaking of the runes, I guess you ONLY use FA for Legendary Crests and ignore other runes? I have many runes now in my inventory and I am not sure what to do with them as I never have enough Ati rune or blue runes to use those remaining runes.

Does it feel that using FA to buy other runes just feels like a bad investment there?

Lol hardly. You got a 350 hilt weekly cap from chests, and everyone leaves at the end of lvl3 because they don’t want to fight ridiculously-OP Immortal whales.

Don’t use the rune conversion stuff, as it costs Embers to convert them, and it’s a much better use of the Embers to buy the runes that let you craft directly.

You’re going to miss out on the battlepass xp upgrade’s or just straight xp upgrade.

So one dimension is time saved but Elder Rifts are a great way to get leg’s and mats too.

1 Like

You can “create” Ati Runes using the other Runes and 15 Embers. FA are OK but why let rare Runes (only 2 are required for creating Gems) multiply in vain? With 28 Ati and 2 other runes you can create 2 Star Gems used as Gem-Power for upgrades.
If Atis and other Runes run low, then you have always the good-old FA rune to solve your problems.
This is the most efficient way of using Runes.

3 Likes

I see…I always thought that using Ember for FA is the best choice of spending the ember.

Cool, thanks. So it is better to use one if you are after XP/other rewards? I assumed it influenced the chance for gems too.

Not that I am playing DI, but reading this topic makes me further not wanting to play DI.