Do you believe in a slight hydra buff?

Without S19 pandem buff there is no way We can see 150 clears even with new sets just because they are new they don’t need to be the top DPS set, I mean every class has couple sets which ones do we use and which we don’t S19 wiz bazooka LoN or archon for fun , Barb Waste Rend and the other classes are the same. I play wiz and barb how many seasons did it take for Them to make WW barb viable for pushing we been zbarb for so many seasons lol.

1 Like

@MikeWYang I agree and I see your point. But some builds is in general more fun than others, and personally vyrs have been meta for solo pushing for so long it starts to get boring. Imo I wanted a tal rasha boost for so many season now, I can’t even count them.

For all of the rest comments, thanks for your feedback, I agree with a lot of you people. Hopefully Blizzard will do something about it.

They have to, because wiz is pretty much in the garbage can now if the new set does not perform very well. They lost their spot in group with the death of star pact, Vyr’s is not good in groups for pushing, and ain’t that strong for solo pushing either after the nerf.

Meanwhile Monk, Barb, Crusader and WD have very good options, and next patch will be DH and Necro (DH badly need it, necro too but at least they will always have a spot in 4P rats).

If it won’t happen now, we will have to hang out our wizard hats for 2 more season (this one and next one) before hope for a buff / balance can be seen - IMHO.

And all of these sets have been out for a while. You still haven’t farmed for the best pieces of TV set.

Don’t compare it to the OP sets that need nerfs. The set itself is good for where Blizzard wants balance to be.

As for your damage from an easy to see situation on getting to the 135. Ballparking increases:

• Getting legendary gems from 100 to 150 will increase damage by 50% each. That’s 3.3x multiplier
  • Getting an extra 4k paragon will increase main stat by 20k which will double your damage
  • Augmenting with 150s from 100s will increase main stat by 3,250 which increases damage by about 10%
  • Getting better gear will increase your damage by some number.
  • Fishing for the perfect rift will increase your clears as well

So let’s say you can increase damage by about 12x from increases. Add+5 GRifts for fishing and another let’s say +2 for playing better. That would put you at 107+23 = 130

Probably, meanwhile LoD, Tempest Rush, Shotgun crusader with new set, Mundungo etc will do much higher with same increases you mentioned.

And that’s where the problem lays, VT is underperforming. Is not just me imagining things, peeps that tested it and did math after the nerfs to both legendaries who already posted how many GR’s the set dropped.

If you don’t believe that a 5k paragon with 150 gems, 150 augs, good gear and fishing WD mundungo can do way higher than 130 compared to VT and much easier than a VT.

Anyway is not about me, it’s about the set. What I said is true, if we don’t get it adjusted when S20 starts or in first 2 weeks of S20, it will most likely never be touched again - because Vyr’s / LoD etc who are and will continue to perform better.

1 Like

You are just estimating. I don’t agree with this at all.

VT isn’t under performing. Those sets are over performing

Oddly nothing got changed to PoJ or Crusader set (yeah they adjusted stutter stepping which has nothing to do with the set or associated legendaries). Mundungo is still very strong even with 20k% and only 5x mana regen (147 was cleared NS by WD after ptr ended).

Which means the sets are in the ballpark Blizz wants them to be, at least for next half year before we get to balancing patches when sets are finished etc. In this context doesn’t VT underperform?

Look I don’t want VT to be the end all of sets for wizard, either make it group friendly by removing the freeze from magistrate and buffing the damage, or at least make it on par with Vyr’s for solo to have a different playstyle (Vyr’s will always be way better for solo due to way higher tankiness and speed, but it’s not everyone’s plate so there’s that).

Do me a favor, find a 130+ TV clear with 5k paragon with average comparable auggies/gear before saying the set is fine. We’ll be waiting.

2 Likes

That’s actually going to be hard to do right now for 2 reasons.

1. leaderboards are bugged and not registering all clears
    And
  2. a higher clear with another build will overwrite the lower clear.

Plus I can’t actually search by set. I really wish this was possible. The best I can do is compare TV damage to LoD Hydra and reduce greater rifts accordingly.

Can you do something for me though? Wait for at least 2 months so we can have actual clear data. Rather than saying the world is ending after a couple of days just because some builds are OP

Lol 2 months, dude people in NS have thousands of mats to reroll gear and tons of gems to augment gear with and there’s been other clears that have made it on despite the bug, didn’t stop all the other sets. Maaaaybe it’s because pushers know it’s under tuned and they’re not bothering much with it? At this point you’re just making excuses and I don’t know why. Why do you want new sets to be mediocre? If it outdoes Vyrs than it should, it’s new. That goes for the Barb set as well that has the same issue as ours, albeit slightly better.

I’m not making excuses. I’m just calmly analyzing the situation. I don’t take into mass hysteria like you do.

Bottom line: I don’t want them to be mediocre. I want them to be balanced.

Pushers know there are OP builds out there that are just way too strong. They also flock to those builds.

If you want to play for fun and do 80-100GR I think most of the sets can do it and if you want to push I guess there is only one Meta that will get the job done. Yes I agree Vyr been there for ages MH VYR and then cold VYR chando now and then there is star pact archon as well. Yes it does get boring but hey game been out there for ages they don’t make a cent anymore I am glad that they are still rolling out new content for free . Cheers

VYR set has a good combo with the required item that’s why it’s OP chandoto Swami and FAZULA. Without these items Vyr is useless . They overnerfed the damage on magis and the serpent wand. If they left it untouched the DPS would be very good.

Yes mages probably won’t be in the Meta this season big deal, switch to something else for how many season have mages been Meta lol . The only two classes that ain’t going away is ZBARB ZMONK heck if I remember correctly I even played zWizard couple seasons ago.

1 Like

Balance = Mediocre… very interesting…

Look the idea is that it was blizzard decision to add new sets for each class instead of updating existing sets (which would have been way easier and with less resources needed).

I mean look at Necro Traq’s set. 3800% 6pc bonus? Compare that to 20k of Crusader or WD? How hard can it be to change 3.8 to 20?

But no they wanted to add new sets. Guess what, if the new sets aren’t better than existing ones, why would anyone use them?

The only thing they got right from the bat with the VT set is that it has no overly complicated mechanic like Tal’s / Firebirds / DMO do (which would push a lot of players away because it’s painful to play and games are meant to be fun, especially in an ARPG where supposedly you will spend hours and hours to farm for gear).

We don’t need to be in S21 to realize yes, the VT set is way under the bar for 130. Add on top of that the fact that haedrig’s gift is Vyr’s, why would you even bother to farm and gear for VT if Vyr’s is miles ahead from the get go.

This needs to be addressed, you need to draw players to your game season after season on an already competitive market. New sets for each class was a good idea, proven with monk and crusader. However current iteration of VT Hydra is not there, is missing the mark, hence why peeps on forums try to attract devs attention on this so it can be fixed.

Nobody wants it to be overpowered, but in same ballpark with other new sets released, that is a reasonable request.

Cheers! <3

1 Like

well if you look at ActisuckVision they ruined so many games already WC3Reforged totally ruined WoW has become a game of you need to do 500 dailies per day or you suck , And after all these years they still can’t fix the lag due to AD You think their brains are on par with the gamers ? I think not that much

Neither do I, I’m not saying omg it’s dead and typing in caps that devs suck ect, ect…it’s actually quite good for a first release and I’m impressed they worked out all the bugs in time: (see monk/crus set when it first came out). I am only saying it could use a bit of buffing still and disagree that it’s perfectly balanced.

Fair enough, it’s what they did all PTR long guess shouldn’t expect them to do anything different live. :sheep: :sheep:

1 Like

Well, I see your point of “wizard have been meta for season”, and you are RIGHT. The reason I still want to point out the buff, is because that build seems to be so much more fun than all others I saw, that is from my perspective. And since this season theme is even making more builds than usual possible for TV, I really wanted it to be a little stronger. I don’t want to stop at GR110, and then change over to vyrs just because it is the simpler way