Do you believe in a slight hydra buff?

I am curious If Blizzard will hold onto the nerf. I don’t got any profound knowledge but after reading around people seem to think it is to nerfed compared to other sets like the WW for barbs. Do you guys think they will buff it up a bit? It looks so damn fun…

1 Like

Well, I doubt it will be adjusted at this point, but you never know.

As for fun, you can still have fun playing the set and build variations. Unless by “fun” you mean a few GR levels difference? So I guess it depends on your definition of fun.

1 Like

I guess you are right. I usually want to push as far as I can solo, but I wished for the difference in solo pushing to be slightly less between the hydra and vyrs!
It will be a fun season nonetheless. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t see them reverting the adjustments for SS/Magistrate unfortunately. I know of a couple players who already farmed primals for them and I believe Blizzard has already stated in the past they avoid doing post patch adjustments on legendaries for that reason.

There’s zero reason to leave the 6pc @ 1300% though since they’re retroactive, they have zero evidence during PTR and live that it’s in a good place. Not one clear on PTR was in the 130’s and now on live NS there’s very few by paragon levels that cannot be achieved in seasons.

It would be a disservice to leave the 6pc as is, it needs a good buff, not a slight buff.

1 Like

Honestly though, the right thing would to be pleasing the majority here. Let’s face it, SS/Magistrate needs buffing here. If some very few NS folk get upset they blew all their mats farming primal 300%'s so be it. It’s not like this Era is ending anytime soon, they can refarm in what half a years time? Like common, really.

It’s either they get buffed or LoD Mammoth is DoA in NS, and just decent in seasons.

For some reason the 4 player leaderboards are having no issues updating and it’s not pretty. Seeing like one wizard above in a GR130 group, like we predicted. If things remain how they are, we’re out of the meta period.

Data doesn’t lie. Hydra is 10 GR below Rend Barb and Crus. This is a total flop of a new set. Blizzard can either deny it or acknowledge it and restore SS/Magistrates back to 500%. The nerf is totally unjustified.

1 Like

Also 10k paragon LoD Mammoth only doing 132 without much time left on the board, sure gear and augments could be better but it’s 10k fricken paragon. Speaks volumes, yes data don’t lie.

Current cap with LoD Mammoth is probably 135ish with 10k para, quite low. Yes approximately 10 GR’s from Barb/Crus and WD. I don’t see TV doing any better at all, probably lower tbh with LoD’s superior DR.

2 Likes

There is a 137 clear with 9300 paragon atm.

Where? Must be EU/Asia then, still low.

they have to or people not using it. after first new sets monk and crusader they were best sets. in this case def not

1 Like

Asia leaderboards. It’s not low. Not even a week after release it’s cleared that high

1 Like

Thanks for your response. I agree with you about the buff, it is necessary.

I understand what you are saying, but at the same time I’ve seen Blizzard not doing anything unless we raise our voices. I honestly want a slightly buffed complementary legendaries, especially with this season’s theme. And considering the set gear is new and shiny it would also make sense to me. I am glad for your contribution, thanks.

I don’t believe in Hydra buffs. They won’t do it and I already lost hope after seeing the second nerf round. That ship is wrecked and will stay like that at least for S20, and most likely for 21 as well.

1 Like

VERY low. With that paragon even DH can clear 135+ and they are in really bad shape (not mentioning necros, yes they need badly buffs too, but they have rat runs at least ^^).

We need a solid buff for 6pc and not only in dmg numbers, make it affect other skills too (can be wave of force, tornado, blizzard, mirror image, explosive blast, arcane orb) so that we can actually toy around with the new season cube.

I would gladly drop magistrate to get explosive blast offhand for example if the 6pc would also buff EB dmg by same number, like:

6pc: Your hydras and EB deal 2000% increased damage for each hydra head active.

Boom, Typhoon looks quite good now and you can run it in group (no more freezing from hydras, you can play in groups np, use frost hydra rune to not lag with arcane projectiles or smth, and go in middle of grouped mobs with EB triple explosion for more dmg and tankiness on top of the set and don’t channel use travelers pledge etc).

I mean it will really become a great set for wizard, something you can build around and come out with various builds. Am sure my idea for the buff to 6pc would allow for 5k paragon to do GR130 even if it may require a bit of fishing (some maps are really poor for wiz no matter the spec / build).

<3

1 Like

137 omething clear on Chinese servers 11800 paragon primal ancient except set gear , comparing it to VYR by the same player VYR doing way better 4-5Gr higher . And I doubt that in S20 we will ever see that high paragon even the bots can’t get that high. S20 I will prolly play vyr solo and in group get a zbarb and watch WD do the rest lol

1 Like

That’s the problem right there.

Looking back at S19 both crusader and monk sets could do 130ish with 5k paragon w/o breaking a sweat. WD seems to be there as well (and many argue it is still too strong, ie 147 clear with 9k paragon solo WD NS), but wizard set will nowhere be close to 130 (again, not LoD but TV set) at 5k para.

I am 1.6k Paragon, and I can barely do 107 with 2m left with TV. I highly doubt that 3.4k more paragon will give me a jump of 25-30 GR’s. Keep in mind that only hydra dmg is buffed by the set currently and it’s nowhere close in flexibility or dmg output to WD counterpart (WD can and will run travelers plus Captain’s Crimson = way more DR than wiz, they also have way more utility in their skills and more multipliers).

TV needs help badly before season goes live (or something like a hotfix in first 2 weeks of the season) else nobody will use it ever, Vyr’s and any LoD will outperform it so badly that it will be laughable. Plus we will end up with no group viable spec, which will add to the reason to NOT play a wizard as main for S20 despite getting a new set… That is not a good result, Blizzard pls consider! <3

2 Likes

The set is severely underperforming, both by itself and when compared to the other sets that were put out. At this point, if they don’t fix it before the season goes out, then the post they put out about working on game balance may sound hypocritical to some.

:grimacing:

1 Like

More paragon, better gear, proper playstyle and fishing will get you to about 135 if you had about 5k paragon

1 Like

I kinda doubt it, at same paragon I am doing 115-120 with my LoD Meteor and LoD BS (paladin). And if I do Vyr’s am sure I can do much better as well.

VT needs buffs, it’s bad compared to previous 2 sets for monk & paladin, and is way weaker than Vyr’s and new WD set. Don’t you agree?

1 Like