Do treasure goblins kill immersion

I almost think that treasure goblins could be dropped, what’s the thinking here are they too cute to be in the D4 dark setting?

7 Likes

The one from the Art Panel looked like it belonged in D4. (The one artist was adding scars and stuff to the 3D model)

But, that is my opinion.

3 Likes

They certainly looked more demonic in the art I saw also.

2 Likes

I’m not sure about the art style, but the idea seems reasonably consistent with the world and lore of sanctuary. The universe is full of fallen adventurers and treasure hunters. Treasure hunting is a core part of the gameplay. I had always viewed the assassin in D2 as someone who fought the forces of evil, not to vanquish it with light, but satiate her own personal greed.

i’m just glad they are another source of materials. as long as i can get materials from them and they happen to be in the way of what i am doing then i will gladly welcome them back.

hopefully they do something different than d3. in d3 they just run away faster, maybe in d4 they can drop a trap or something so they cant be killed so easily.

1 Like

Well, goblins by lore are suppose to be quite evil. I don’t know why they get elite status in D3 though.

Not to me from their art in D4. They look like they belong.

1 Like

Good to see that so far most of you want them, only brought it up as I have not seen them talked about yet. Back to more important stuff from now on.

No, but your terribad schooling is ruining my forum game. Please go look up what you typed at Merriam-Webster and tell us what it thinks you were trying to say. At least that way I’d get a few laughs out of this monstrosity. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok but what does terribad mean?

Merriam-Webster reference

The word you’ve entered isn’t in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.

terrified
terrible
tribady
terribly
torrified
terribles
intertribal
arribada

Sorry if auto correct kicks in - immersion

1 Like

Aaaaaaaaaaand the irony here is…

*WHOOSH!*

2 Likes

no: the combo: goblins/menagerist/vault portal/Greed…and they can flee-lure you into death if you are sinful/greedy and their speed:

that combo is a nice fun package, that doesn’t lessen immersion at all.

2 Likes

Man you must be old, I’m 54 and know what that means, kids and the press are famous for getting two words and mashing them together like that

Just the funny thing of adding a dictionary link that does not have terribad as a word, not bad thing just a fun play on words.
It’s all good until someone pokes an eye out. lol

I feel like they are kinda silly but then they drop all that gold and I’m like GIMME!! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I don’t mind goblins at all.

Treasure goblins are fine

Closed doors that do nothing except slow your progress a little are not :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

When you create a project in art, one need guidelines to stick to, and every aspect of the game must be compatible with the guidelines.

Once you start to have an idea, you start to get exceptions, and start breaking your own rules. This is where D4 has already problems because some people came up with some ideas diverging with the serious tone of the franchise.

It’s always the idea of more to an archetype is better. When you add more to an archetype, you don’t have archetypes anymore.

• If you add sugar to your main course, you don’t have main course
  • If you add a cap and necklace to a suit, you don’t have a suit anymore.

It’s easy to see what you get with a new idea, it’s more shallow to see what you lose.

More in-depth details of artstyle problems: World Bosses, Renaissance, wow systems, maps and more here:

1 Like

Yes, they should be removed. Can someone imagine killing Butcher in D1 and then encountering goblin? -_-

2 Likes

I think you might be playing the wrong title if you are looking for depth of story and immersion. :roll_eyes: