Do multiple shields stack in diablo 3?

My current wizard has the galvanizing ward ability which grants a defensive shield. I just crafted a hellfire amulet which grants the dominance ability which grants another defensive shield. If I were to use these at the same time would they stack or one replace the other?

Most Wizard shields and shields in general are applied LIFO style, last one to be refreshed is the first to be consumed.

As long as shielding is was generated by the same ability, I believe they are in the same category, and prioritized as such.

For example, If you run MW:Deflection, most of the time it should be near the top of your shield stack since it gets refreshed so often, whereas GW will mostly not be, because of the longer time required to refresh.

They stack as long as they are from different abilities.

They’ll stack, but they’re both bad.

You can see the combination of those shields work optimally in the Firebirds build at higher levels. If you haven’t played it, then look up (Google) Icy Veins or DFANS - there are some good builds between them.

If you really want the shields to work to the maximum with Galvanizing ward, equip Ashnagarr’s Blood Bracer