DMO Orbit Feedback

Orbit is pretty fun with the legendary power this season, the explode at all the same time helps in density and changes the playstyle of the build a bit.

Test Build: https://d3.maxroll.gg/d3planner/497839387

Cleared GR134 in 13:23, ~1900 paragon. Could go a bit higher, but This is a bit low compared to a few other Wizard builds (EDITED).
Cleared GR132 in about 13 minutes, ~1850 paragon. This is a bit low compared to a few other Wizard builds, even if there is a little headroom there… maybe GR134 capable, the rift I had was imperfect.

I’d prefer to see orbit get a little more love. Additional auto procs like the other orbs do,
or even have the sanctified item give a multiplier for Orbit specifically.

The on screen animation with the sanctified power is rough. It shows the last equipped rune that was not orbit around the character (fire, lightning, arcane, or cold). But since we aren’t using those they clutter perception of our own Orbit spawns and explosions, which are vital during gameplay. EDIT: The extra sanctified orb visuals despawn after recreating game. Annoying if recently swapped though.

The teleport reset mechanic is very clunky with DMO speeds and ranged builds (the ICD on the bubbles and the small cooldown requirement on Teleport ruin it)… for this melee build in a push scenario it works fine though.

I do enjoy having the extra skill slot available (no need for Slow time on the bar).

EDIT2: I find it annoying that Wizardspike throws out random Frozen orbs. The Frozen orbs reflect off of Sand Dwellers and Dune Dervish, making this build susceptible to reflect mechanics, but the FO does count towards EE so, that’s nice. Perfect world, this should match the rune you use, not be specific to Frozen orb.

I like that we can equip the Guardians 2pc without RoRG and still get good value from that set. The 3 piece is lacking on Guardians though.

1 Like