DMO Orbit buff idea

In the hopes that there will still be the occasional build adjustments, I wanted to give some feedback on the DMO set, and the Arcane Orbit build specifically.

First, DMO set as a whole: the 2 piece bonus that resets Teleport should count any Slow Time bubble you generate, including the persistent one from Crown of the Primus. DMO is one of the lowest performing Wizard sets, and giving it mobility rivaling Firebird’s will not break it.

Second, Arcane Orbit. This ability is fun, but needs some throughput buff. I have an easy and more complicated idea for accomplishing that.

EASY: tweak Wizardspike so that it also says, “Whenever you hit an enemy with a Signature Spell, one of your Arcane Orbits will detonate.”

COMPLICATED: change the Moonlit Ward neck item, and make the Arcane Orbit build more of a Signature Spell/Arcane Orb hybrid build. "Whenever you hit an enemy with a Signature Spell, one of your Arcane Orbits will detonate. When one of your Arcane Orbits detonates, increase the damage of your Signature Spells by [400%-500%] for 5 seconds. This can stack up to 4 times.

With the Complicated change, it might be beneficial for Arcane Orbit to actually drop Wizardspike, and pick up the Fragment of Destiny instead. It also opens up a Magic Missile build, where you drop Triumvirate/Unstable Scepter/Wizardspike for Mirrorball+Fragment of Destiny, with a flexible cube weapon spot (probably Orb of Infinite Depth).

I think you might be surprised where it ends up this season with the buff it got…

Teleport resets from the DMO bubble have no cooldown, not even that short 0.5s cooldown that Aether Walker and Firebird’s have. It instantly resets when you enter a bubble.

DMO teleport reset working with Primus wouldn’t give it mobility to rival Firebird’s… it would give it mobility to rival an infinite dash Raiment 4p monk. It would be SOOOO much faster than Firebird’s/Aether Walker.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see it. But it’s not going to happen, at least not with the current DMO teleport reset mechanics. If they decided to implement that change (DMO teleport reset working with Primus auto bubble), they would almost certainly add on the Aether Walker/Firebird’s 0.5sec cooldown to DMO teleports as well.

I would be okay with that. If they needed to add a micro cooldown, but let it work with the Crown bubble, I’d have no complaints. It would, imo, be a massive improvement in terms of raw mobility now, and would be huge for survival in those instances where, for some reason, the DMO set won’t proc and make a bubble.