Different ways to deal thornes

Inspired by the h-bomb which uses johanas argument & blessed hammers to deal thorn damage i was thinking of some other ways it might work.

Blessed shield? Fist of the heavens are the first two that pop into my head. Both skills can hit a lot of targets at once. Thorns is thornes, right? You could mix in zodiac if you wanted as well.

Hack has a pretty cool power that deals thornes damage to attacks. Maybe spruce it up a bit? Imagine using it to emulate other weapons ala ethereals.

Anyone try other non primary or bombardment skill ways to deal thorns that works well?

Sadly the first hit property of Hack is a deal breaker. That must get removed and the thorns conversion percentage should be jacked up such that spamming skills that hit a lot of enemies can fully benefit from thorns.

Hack
2000% of your Thorns damage is applied to all enemies hit on every attack.

I’ve gotten hack to hit enemies for 5T a piece on physical/oculus on different class. This would make it 100 Trillion, and if you spread that around, it’d be considered an okay DPS ability.

1 Like

A Hack rework would be super.

I tried out fist of the heavens with the 40% red belt cubed, darklight, unstoppable force, etc. Still kinda hard to keep enough wrath to use zodiac effectively. Maybe the fire rune and cindercoat? I still kept bombardment as my primary damage dealer but it’s kind of fun using something besides primaries all the time.

How are you getting Blessed Hammer to cause Thorns damage?

He means that Johanna’s argument + blessed hammers + ring of the zodiac work to create fast Bombardment cooldowns. See H-bomb build for more details (see #1 spot in this link):

https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/rankings/era/16/rift-hardcore-crusader

yeah couldn’t really hash anything out. Hack doesn’t work very well now. You would think a 24 AD/10 Cooldown hack (primal) would outperform a lesser stat doombringer but nope. All doombringer has is a little extra phy damage, but nope.

anyways… up to GR130 with lod thornes, 129 AoV and bombsader a little behind that although I admit to not playing it much lately.