Did they reduce the Trust Level 3 requirements?

I was somewhat surprised yesterday when I noticed I had Trust Level 3.

I am nowhere near the 20k read posts.

I looked over the list of people who have reached Trust Level 3, and noticed there’s a few more (from the ones with public profiles) like me: well under 20k posts read.

We share one thing in common: we’ve met all the other Trust Level 3 requirements (visited 50 days, replied to 10 topics, viewed 500 topics, given 30 likes and received 20 likes), and are only short on posts read.

There’s a few of us in the range of 6,000-10,000 posts read. Is it possible the posts read requirement was reduced? Maybe to something like 5,000? Of the profiles I could see that obtained Trust Level 3 in the last few days (since we passed the 50 day mark) and met all the other requirements, none were under 5,000 posts read. So that might be the new floor?

10 Likes

Does that mean we can actually link to the game guide?

Link

Woot!!! :tada:

7 Likes

Welcome to the club, you are now a winner. :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Linking to Blizzard websites really should be TL1 by default. They could be linking on the old forum and it makes no sense they can’t be linked here. Game guide, profiles, posts, news articles, etc.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the possible TL3 changes OP! I know they can be set per forum. I wonder if the EU got changed. They really needed it given the low volume of posts there.

6 Likes

Thanks. It would be nice to know what the new rules are. It definitely appears to be less than 10K posts and about 10 new TL3 in the past day. I have been an advocate for lowering the threshold.

3 Likes

@TinneOnnMuin,
How were you able to see that list of people with TL3?

I suspect that we can deduce the new minimum requirement within the knowledge of the new vs. old TL3. My read count is not informative since I met the >20K post read requirement.

If it is 5K posts that seems pretty reasonable.

4 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/groups/trust_level_3?desc=true&order=added_at

:smiley:

7 Likes

I guess they only lowered the post count from 20000 to 5000. I met all requirements except 50 days…(still need 21 days…)

1 Like

You can do it! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

And bookmarked!

I was wondering who the other CS MVP added was. Tech MVP Ressie plays lots of D3 so that is good.

Interesting to see this stuff. Very awesome. Everyone before 3 days ago was manually added.

Glad they reviewed the requirements, to be honest. Even with that, we only have 13 posters who met those so far.

2 Likes

Thanks… only 3 weeks left… :neutral_face:

This might not be automatic since I cover the requirements.

When did you give your 30th like? If recent, wait a day. The other possibility is some account action in the past.

7 Likes

According to my JSON data, Automatic=“true” for TL3, TL2, and TL1.

I’m guessing it was granted automatically and the requirement was relaxed from original.

3 Likes

Today, yes. That is it then.

But now that I think I got TL2 in the day I made the first like. And there should be no difference between TL2 and TL3 in this regard…

Good catch. Didn’t notice that was a field in there. Mine has automatic=true as well.

Could be as simple as a > instead of a >=. Maybe you need 31 likes?

You were likely manually added, congrats well deserved!

Nice link. Holy cow that’s a lot of forum moderators!

Does anyone have automatic=“false”?

They are not specific to Diablo 3. They don’t have game specific Forum Mods. Those are all general Forum Mods who cover all the forums, which is why the group is pretty big. That way whoever gets a ticket from this forum has the permissions to handle it.

1 Like