Did they nerf Eth drop rates?

was getting them a lot on my monk…switched to barb and can’t get the last one for the life of me…

was seriously raining eths on my monk…I think in one day I got like 20…

I have 7 left to get for the achievement…1 for the barb and 3 for necro and sader…

1 Like

RNG is RNG. Keep grindeing.

1 Like

They do not “magically” change the drop rates (esp not down). RNG is RNG.

Theres easy farm method for getting eth’s if all you care about is the transmogs/achievement which doesn’t take too long.

Last week my Ethereal drop rate was 5-10 GR. This week is 10-20 GR, I even had a day with 0 Ethereal after 60+ GR. Ppl kept saying it’s RNG, but it seems there is a timing factor or something to do with low/high paragon.

4 Likes

I noticed in another thread that some other Monk was getting plenty.

My Monk also received very many; at one point, I had three level 70s to choose from. Then nothing for Amazon or Wizard.

Maybe it’s a Monk thing. Their tables are smaller, perhaps?

nope, just higher number of players playing monk this season.

yah then explain how wudijo gets perfect primals in 1 craft, perfect primals constantly off khadala and has insane “streamer luck”? Of course they’re watching and 100% adjusting his RNG on the fly.

dont even argue with me about this, it’s not RNG, i’ve calculated the odds and it’s beyond astronomical to have his luck. His odds are beyond the Hubble Deep field. It was laughably obvious the day the Dev’s left on his primal helm drop boost and he got 6 primal Blind Faiths in one day. You could buy enough lottery tickets to reach the Sun and back and still not match the odds of getting 6 primal Blind Faiths in one season. I have a masters degree in Mathematics so dont even bother.

They can and do change the rates on the fly especially for content creators.

3 Likes

I was wondering, if the lesser Cains or Alghuild sets, that have MF on them, would help in any way? :thinking:

look at the description when selecting your Torment level, and then look at the MF on those sets, and then decide for yourself.

spoiler

Summary

they are about as much use for MF as HR was for Blizzard employees

2 Likes

I have a snippet from an expert here:

Thanks that was verry helpful. :roll_eyes:

And?.. Ethereals and Primals are two different things.

You’re just unlucky. My first Ethereal (lvl70), is the best (for the moment).
I’ve the right to choose my offhand ^^

Yea it’s a lot like lottery, you can calculate your odds and chanses, but the luck factor can still kick you in the nuts.

Yeah, we didn’t believe you the first time you claimed that…

A masters degree in Mathematics and you can’t work out 5^4 = 625.

3 Likes

Its rng, sometimes u win and sometimes u lose. But in the end it evens out. Some days or hours u do better and some u do worse. D3 is pretty much all about rng so.

I had my suspicion week or so back, ethereal drop was good, then the server did a count down and rebooted. When I tried to log in it flashed a message about a download, but it was like a half sec message, no explaining or notes on forums. I kinda forgot it, but I notice a big drop in ethereals. I believe they drop the rate.

2 Likes

Can you then provide the numbers in your sample? How many legendaries did he find after he solo completed GR70 or alternatively when you counted his legendaries? During that time how many were primals?

I would be careful about looking at any one item class. As you can imagine, one could target buying helms with Kadala and get more primals of that item type than you would expect just playing the game. The overall frequency of roughly 1 primal in 400 legendaries is constant irrespective of Kadala versus in game drops.

Well, that was different. I finally got a non-class, non-mainstat Ethereal to drop. It was a wand for the Necromancer. Very sad as I want to give it to my lady but will not be able to.

It does almost make me want to play that class again, though, as its legendary power is Maltorius’ Petrified Spike. The passive is… uhh… crap.

Was reading this and thought what the hell is this idiot going on about then saw the name and received a jolt of joy about seeing you back.