Diablo Tabletop Edition

Just stumbled upon https://glasscannonunplugged.com/diablo/ (Diablo: The Roleplaying Game & Diablo: The Board Game).

I have not played any board game based on an actual (PC) game in this millennium. But then this says Diablo, which makes me interested a bit. “But” then it says “Crafting the best Diablo experience”, which makes me a bit suspicious… Anyone has experience (maybe even with one of their other products) with “nowadays” game based board games?

The last board game that I really like from a video game is “This war or Mine” (The fun part is that I didn’t know the video game).

Be careful with “adaptations”. Very, very careful…

1 Like

There is also a “Diablo inspired” board game called Sanctum  by Czech Games that’s been out since in March 2020.

Sanctum Review

It’s currently available on Amazon: Czech Games Sanctum.

Way back in mysterious collector’s edition of Diablo II there was a D&D Diablo module.

2 Likes

or as a stand-alone box set (I own; along with The Awakening that was D1 setting w. D2 Chars.)

1 Like

I still have mine. The card stock board is not very large and the player pieces are punch-out pieces from card stock. I never played it though.

The coolest thing about the board game, to me, was that it included a full set of nice quality D&D dice.  

1 Like

I only played it once maybe twice with my lil’ bro when we went camping. Would love to play it again, hard getting a group together with friends when we all have different things going on.

The question is… Can you run a bot on the board game? I mean, with Blizzards extensive history of having a relatively lax stance on cheaters, botting has basically become an integral part of the game.

:laughing:

Interesting, never heard of that. Gonna “check” if my girlfriend is interested.

Interesting too. I have some very nice handcrafted dices, made of animal bone (cut and polished) and old brass nails (heads cut and polished) for the eyes. Watched them being made on a medieval market; very heavy and a bit different in size, but… :slight_smile:

Don’t know about the botting there, but cheating is definitively an “option” for some people. Never got that. I had an aunt when I was a kid 50 years ago (or so… ;-)) and she liked to play card games with me and my brothers and cousins. One day I found out that she “actively” let me or the others win almost all the time. And later I learned that “some” people are really bad with losing in a game “and thus” (try to) cheat. Well, I stopped playing with my aunt and with everybody else that I caught cheating… Botting has been “discussed” in a gazillion of threads in this forum; never got that either but knowing that it is a build-in “feature” in human DNA and in our archaic brain that “only first is best” and “bigger is better” and so on, I try to ignore that (and doing well I would say). So if there would be a bot on a board game that would annoy me I would just skip that and move on…

Happy new year btw.! :fireworks:

1 Like

A Diablo-like cards games I pledged:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maximegauthier/hellbringer/description

1 Like