Diablo IV: Rathma? Please no!

If this is Rathma, you guys have just made strike 1.

It can’t be Rathma, he hates Lilith and Inarius! He is not on their side, he is on Nephalems side!

You still have time to fix this Blizzard!

3 Likes

Hey, maybe it will make an interesting story, give it time to develop.

7 Likes

Wow, Rhykker was super quick on this. TeKo only posted his video and a thread here about 5 hours ago.

3 Likes

I believe there was a community manager in the EU forums that also corroborated the speculation that he was Rathma.

I’m not entirely familiar with the lore so my stance is a bit indifferent but I understand why people are skeptical.
If the pale man is indeed Rathma I’m curious to see where his motivations lie.

Good grief how do you know he is still not on the Nephalems side?
Lilith is technically on the Nephalems side too you know.

7 Likes

Really because the way he talks to her, sure sounds like he’s Inarius,

Assuming that the person who orchestrated Lilith’s revival is indeed Rathma; it’s possible that he has ulterior motives, and reviving Lilith is a step to achieve his goals.

But honestly it’s far too early to be calling strikes imo, especially when there’s so little information.

10 Likes

actually rathma only cares about the balance. meaning he can side with whoever he wants, albeit good or bad. but now the reasoning can be anything since blizzard is writing the story.

3 Likes

If it is him, wont it be an interesting tale to see why he or they brought Lilith back?

1 Like

agreed, it will be interesting. hopefully d4 story will be better than the d3 story. i am glad they brought in more interesting diablo characters. lilith, rathma, AND inarius.

4 Likes

If this guy is Rathma
it will destroy lore

im sad

1 Like

What is the chance that Rathma and Lilith are “good guy” that trying their best to destroy Diablo and Tathamet’s forces, and the we, the players came to screw up Lilith and Rathma’s plan and indirectly making Diablo come back and get stronger in D4?

Just like in WC3 where Iiidan, where we think he is the prime antagonist at that time, is was about to destroy the Frozen Throne with his awesome spell only to get interrupted by us, thus indirectly saving Frozen Throne from the destruction.

1 Like

Lilith is the nephalems mother so…
Why does he hate her?

Also he might just want to destroy heaven and hell because they are screwing sanctuary and lilith is the only strong force, that could/would help him to do that?

The lore says he has “tall black hair”, so I am not so sure yet. Blizzard please confirm.

He is not at all in good terms with his parents, as Lilith destroyed the rebel angels and demons to try and force Inarius to let her use the nephalem’s power for her own ends.

Its never too late for a family reunion <3

1 Like

Lilith is just one of many Mothers, the Diablo historian covered this on one of the panels.

1 Like

Yea sure, she and inarius werent the only pair
But they kinda initiated it all
Why else is she called creator of sanctuary, blessed mother

1 Like

So, Lilith goes crazy and kills all of the rebel angels and demons, because she wanted to use the Nehalem, not because she had great love for them. Inarius would not kill her so he banishes her to the void. Just so her son Rathma (who did not care for her) could bring her back via a demonic ritual? What about the Cult of the Triune (by three they come). This sound like something they would do. She is Mephisto daughter after all. I have no idea who the summoner is. Blizzard please confirm.

Or, what if we help Lilith free Inarius from Mephisto? Is Rathma even still alive at this time?

If Rathma means “student” -he can be anyone…