Diablo IV: Rathma? Please no!

Inarius is Lilth’s hubby. It would be weird if he called her “blessed mother” (in trailer)

4 Likes

In the trailer, he said “Blessed mother, save us.” Maybe something happened that made Rathma desperate and asked for Lilith’s help. It’s really too early to say that they butchered the storyline.

3 Likes

the butcher tho :v
badumtsssssssss

Maybe Rathma just using Lilith to save Inarius and co-op each other for recall big army of hell to revenge Nephalems and Angels. Finally, Rathma will betrayed Lilith and become the final boss.

more than 3,000 years have passed since The Sin War

If it was Rathma if he’s still alive, why didn’t he intervene when Malthael was trying to destroy all humanity? Rathma and Trag’Oul couldn’t just sit and watch the balance crumble!

Plot holes abound in every imaginary world of fantasy or science fiction, another one won’t much matter.

I have never in my life, played a Diablo game, where we get a story that is not linear or obvious.

If they got writers to make twists and turns in this game I will be pleased, but given the record we have, Diablo 3 was figured out before it even became a beta see.

Yes, its early to say its strike 1, I give you guys that. But if this is just to get rid of demons in Sanctuary now that the heaven are closed, and that we as a player do indeed travel to hell. It makes not much sense that Rathma would do this. He would instead seek and join the Nephalems, and together make it a balance. If he is out to destroy Lilith, why not leave here in the abyss. If he wants Inarius out of the way, leave him jailed in Hell.

I can’t really see a good story unfold if it is Rathma. Balance is key, but when Heaven is closed, and demons roam, its unbalanced even if we leave demons alone - or - kill them. It makes no sense in that regard.

That pale dude can be any other of Lilith’s children, she had a bunch!

_https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/diablo/images/7/7d/Rathma2.png/revision/latest?cb=20191130230153

The Priests of Rathma use a five-sided pattern to represent Trag’Oul, the five points each holding a symbol representing one of the five elements they believe Trag’Oul to be linked to—earth, air, fire, water, and time. As the fulcrum of the Balance, they believe that the elements of Creation are tied to him.

I was under the impression that Rathma was Lilith’s and Inarius’s only child.

This is where I am as well. Rathma is a child. Not Lilith’s lover. But children are quick to jump to conclusions. Literally this:

“Rathma’s parents were the ringleaders of Sanctuary’s creation, Lilith and Inarius; he balked against their different yet equally domineering ways from an early age.”

What I don’t understand is:

“Rathma is a first generation Nephalim.” Oh, is he Blizzard? He’s the child of an Angel and a Demon. That is not a Nephalim. It wouldn’t even happen, but let’s say for the sake of fantasy that it did. Blizzard would need to come up with their own word for this abomination.

That’s a total nonsense. If this is he at the end… this will be the biggest mistake in lore for this franchise since the WDs.

1 Like

The thing about opinions, allegiances and stances on things is that they can change.

Rathma could’ve easily had a change of heart after he saw what humans have done to the world.

Anything is possible as far as a character’s mind-set at any given time. I’m just curious what they wanna call the abomination that is Rathma since Angels and Demons would never actually reproduce.

Nope, several nephalem were born at the same time in the very first birth.
But later came others… not only from Lilith but other angel and demons…

1 Like

It’s more likely that Rathma wants to destroy the nephalem, who through becoming too powerful, have set everything out of balance.

The conflict is also probably multi directional.

1 Like

nope, the story happens years later, D3’s nephalem would have transcended.

1 Like

People said the same about Leah before D3 was launched. Didn’t work out too well.

That’s true, but later he edited his posting to clarify that his post was nothing official, but his own personal guess, and that the real identity of this guy remains a mystery for now.

Outstanding observation, that is what I want to know is Rathma even still alive.

I am not completely sure if this is in conflict with the lore, but I would really like to have an angel as boss in D4. Not a corrupted one, but a normal angel, who wants to stop us from killing e.g. the bold, pale guy, because heaven has different plans, which might not even be explained to the player right away.

It would emphasize the fact, that (as far as I understand it) heaven and hell are originally not “good” and “evil” like in fairy tales, but are just two different factions in the eternal war. Since hell wants to corrupt humanity, we, playing a human, percept hell as being evil.

An angel trying to stop the player and him not knowing why, would emphasize the fact, that heaven (for the most part) doesn’t even care for humanity, besides the fact, that hell wants to corrupt us.

1 Like