Diablo iv quarterly update - q3 when?

Yeah , lets show , for instance , a picture of hack with some cryptic message about the properties. Let everyone speculate🥳

Agreed. Hopefully at least everything preceding max level isn’t a waste of time this time. Also, enough of the linear maps and scripted events. The story mode is so bad in Diablo 3 your players don’t even want to play it. More randomization, rewarding quests, exploration and less boring, lengthy scripts.

And yes, fix the zoom on the camera. Windowed D2 is perfect zoom.

Ya Diablo 3 was disappointing and I hope D4 isn’t like that. Needs A LOT more D2 to it.

1 Like

Yeah, and if there is a change for Greater Rift, they should show us the picture of Nephalem Rock or something. :smile:

Curious to know what you find so amazing about D2 character movement? D3 has some of the best movement and combat in the genre. I would enjoy being able to zoom out further, though. That would be a nice addition.

Look at the running on D2. Also, look at the running on PoE2. Next look at the running on Diablo 4 (clunk, bounce, clunk, bounce). Diablo 4 running is a WoW/D3 copy, nothing to do with D1/D2 at all. Less WoW in Diablo please.

D4 running looks like you’re pacing yourself cause you’re a nerd marathon runner weakling (but actually the pro marathon runners run more like PoE2) or something or so bulky you can’t run, PoE 2 and d2 running looks more like you’re strong. Why take out cartoony graphics and put in a new engine to make things look more realistic and leave in this dated running look that looks like it belongs in World of Warcraft. My barbarian is constantly lightly jogging and he can barely keep up a light jog pace? Why is he such a wuss? He ignored his cardio and he has too much muscle to be practically strong? I hope he doesn’t end up being a dragon ball z character that is a bit mentally off (running form).

The running should be higher cadence like it would be irl. Why is there so much bouncing and swaying? This isn’t a cartoon and I don’t want a hoppy run on my Diablo characters. Does anyone at Blizzard run for fun (like a few days a week or more - even Mark Zuckerburg runs a mile a day and probably has a stronger looking run than the barbarian)? Any amateur runners out there? Let’s end this terrible eye sore. I want my Barbarian to be more like Khabib Nurmagomadov instead of a horde orc. The character should look imposing, not cartoonish.

Also, run/walk and blocking.

See, these people don’t sway left and right nearly as much when they run.

Nothing to do with D3, and that wasn’t the question I asked of Thorodan.

1 Like

Is there any grinding type game where players want to play the story mode over and over? Unless the game has a variety of endings, people rarely want to keep playing the story very often. They want to move on to other challenges.

Diablo 2. It’s not very scripted and the quests are rewarding. It’s really fun to make new characters and think about what the character is going to play like/role and items that will be needed, etc.

1 Like

There is only one mode in that game though and most people don’t play it primarily for the story/quests. They do the same runs over and over and over and over to target certain loot or rewards.

The story is good the first time, maybe even the second time. It is good to revisit if you have not done it in a long time. It is not what most people play D2 for. They just can’t avoid the quests.

People play D2 for loot and game mechanics related to the combat, loot hunting, etc. Remember that one of the biggest advantages to D2 over Vanilla D3 was teh ability to jump from act to act and go play where every you wanted - without having to follow the quest lines. People DEMANDED they add that to D3. Point being, people don’t like to be tied to quests for gameplay, and were very vocal that D2 does not tie you to it.

Edit to reply to your edit :slight_smile:
THIS point you make is very true. It is not related to the Story in the game though. It is related to the character skill tree and semi permanence of the skill point application. You have to really think it through so decisions feel more weighty and important. People do like that quite a bit in a role play game - and I agree totally. It is one of the things I don’t like about D3. I prefer char development to have some value. The game story does not have anything to do with that though nor does it influence char decisions.

MC crits Strollin for 47646749945. Strollin dies.

:wink:

Don Martin gets hit with a silly stick of pestilence for 8 damage. Don Martin dies.

I enjoy starting at the Den of Evil and making new characters. It’s fun. I play how I enjoy, my experience is not defined by what others write here.

I don’t get caught up in long, boring scripts and the maps are better at being random. Also, it isn’t a waste of time since I can find valuable loot and it isn’t so easy that I want to go nap or quit playing (or put up the difficulty to option 4 of 30? Too complicated).

This is true, but they also got the beginning of the game right in D2. It’s a lot of fun to make new characters. There’s a lot more exploration to it and many of the quests are rewarding or not mandatory. You can play just how you’d like in D2. The game has practically endless replayability and the enjoyable experience starting out at lvl 1 is part of that.

For instance, I think D3 would be better if you just started out in town without having to kill those zombies everytime to open the gate. I think the maps close to town shouldn’t be static. There should be gear that is useful that sometimes drops (for more than just your current character for ~5 lvls until you find an upgrade).

7 points overkill damage! :wink:

Touche, sir. Well played. Carry on!

I swear sometimes Strollin won’t be happy unless D4 is a line by line copy of D2 code :wink:

1 Like

Tbh, even with how bad Diablo 3 story is. If they upped the rewards and difficulty of the campaign mode to the point where it would be a viable endgame option (of course, not exactly on the level of greater rifts); then I would have no problem running through the story multiple times as opposed to running through rifts.

1 Like

Ah, my favourite topic: The Endgame Campaign mode. I was sure it would be a thing as there was no use for the campaign in the endgame. Woe is me, I was wrong.

1 Like

hears that in Mr. Torgue’s voice

Thanks for the nod, and for asking.
Normally it would take me a good half hour to explain fully, but ill go w a summary. Nevermind, it took me 30, so thanks for time if you read.

If you go into the blood moor, and find a fallen, and attack it w your melee char, and you hear the ‘thud’ or ‘whoosh’ and it misses? Dang, this game is on point it sounds so real, you can miss, this thing can deal 1/4 or so of my health in one punch, i could die right now. Or, “Ayeee!” and it dies, dramatically, and there’s blood near it’s body, oh, and your char probably has a voiceover like whatever they used to say (per char, i know) Like “it smells like DEATH out here” or something i forget.

Brevik talked about this many times about how badly he wanted that first skelly kill to be unreal and 'Hook" you into diablo for life. Well, not for life, but legit that has happened to prob more ppl than he realizes. Because of that too.

So, does that get your attention?
Like, D2’s combat was probably what brevik was most proud of, and it does not disappoint, espeically relative to d3s.

A big deal is how AI melee’s you in d2, and it matters. Their damage isnt all or nothing, its always putting you on edge. that sweet 2-3-4-5 hit and your dead range. Not, “touched me dead” or “im invincible cya combat”.

Black souls, spike damaging you, puts you on edge, also they stun.
Andariels poison cloud, a dot, that happens when in d3?
Duriels frozen aoe, and i forget the other monters, are stronger, than the average cold enchaned aoe. That attention to detail, it freezes you for like idk, 1 minute longer than the ‘normal’ ones. Things like this.

The only time d2’s combat is lame is when your maxing out the game like spellcaster style and not think playing, bc you found such rare gear (bc bots) that you can do that. Or, if youre playing an underpowered build and have no mana, like most arrow zons. Other than that, d2’s combat is, right up there w itemization, music of course, endgame options, and so on.

Yea, limited-direction combat seems lame, but it also puts a challenge into how you can move, and attack, the right kind of challenge.

Yes, zoomed out, means diablo 2, bc, diablo 3 zoomed in. So, if you zoomed out from d3, it’s automatically diablo 2, or the diablo 2 direction, which is correct devving.

So, D3’s combat is basically horrendous in comparison to diablo 2’s, the illusion is that diablo 3’s is magical and dreamy next gen, when, it just feels ‘smooth’ but not ‘good’.

You have to define these things for them to mean anything.
“good” combat would be like diablo 2, see, its a spiderweb, and its too heavy to get in detail over, but, obvious things like, see that cold enchanted elite? Well, if you’re going frozen arrow zon, and blast it w ice, the ice like, hits the cold enchanted’s back or wherever the arrow hits, and, it like collides with their aura of ice, somehow, and the damage is reduced to that elite bc similar eles. Dreamy, 1999 devving, yet, more advanced than, 2006ish devving.

I know, big brain stuff here.

Umm, movement, camera zoom? Both those are essential.
Essential to get right. You say you prefer zoomed out, and so does about most everyone not on the d3 forums, so most the ppl in the world. Camera zoom is combat. Its part of it, its how you see combat, like, its part of the experience. So, d2’s cam being zoomed out is one giant reason why d2’s combat is, unreal relative to d3’s idea of good combat.

Char movement, see, when your char isnt a slow moving, hoppy, movement skill relying, character, combat isnt so skippable by those movement skills and slow movement speed. Elites and such aren’t so easy to spot when your char is fast, natively. When your walking around i mean hopping around in diablo 3, you can easily ID whats ahead, and choose to nitro by it. That is, horrible combat.

Add to that, lack of fog of war, both forms, the black, and the transparent. When fog isnt there, you can see across the whole screen always what to avoid what to engage. When there’s a arrow telling you what direction to go, you dont have to explore, you just, you know, follow the arrow, resulting in, way less dead ends or spaces you dont want to be in, meaning, way less challenge and discovery. The arrow discovered everything you need to know besides loot.

But since loot in the leveling phase is irrelevant besides rings and 2h weaps, you dont care about loot while leveling. So, you really are just grinding exp all game long from level 1-paragon 3k or w/e. Loot only matters once max level, and only is new loot based on rolls, and so on.

So, there isnt this plethora of items to hunt for, for different endgames.
You’re not looking for un iD’d circlets lets say, to reroll, bc items drop ID’s and it’s too tedious to pick up every yellow item ever and look over them, plus there isnt reroll or affixes that dominate sets.

All of this is combat, bc, while combating, this is what you are thinking about and seeing.

I mean the worst example of d3’s combat is easily nitroing by an elite pack to find a better one. Umm, besides sorcs and enigma, diablo 2 doesnt have that. No, enigma isnt commonly agreed upon as good diablo 2, it was a fad.

Monster design, isnt just affixes like d3, you have a fhr and you can get stunned down and die, and dying has penalties.

There’s more to it than this but this is a big chunk of it.

Things like attack speed / fcr, fhr, and ms are big time gearing prios. CBF, FBR if pvp (low, not high). So, realism is there when you are like, out of arrows. Its not a chore, its realism. Same w stamina even though im the one sole on the planet who thinks it was correct because it fades out as you level properly, it sets an important realism tone from level 1. Same w attack rating, although its too punishable for non casters, and that is one reason why casters are so op and overplayed.

remember how diablo 2 has, ondeath aoes that are not a slow, timed, fire explosion? Like a forst nova? Or a poison cloud? that’s combat. your resistances are easily like, calculated, not some blown up number, and you can gauge by yourself how good they are before combat, much easier bc smaller numbers. Getting frozen f/e is a strategic thought on an aoe than “oh a d3 elite, yea, same on dead explosion every time every elite”.

Being stunned tho, thats a big one bearing repeating.
You cant run through the game so easily, or at all, unlike d3.

Monsters are more varied, ghosts travel over areas of the map, things chase you, things run away for distance shots, like the whole setup is more tactical.

D3 is like, dont worry about mana, (i know, d2 pots, d2 runewords), but all of diablo 3 is that once you have your set plus weap which is rushed for you. Dont worry about mana, play your move skill off cooldown, engage only elites you want to fight, dont get stunned down, dont get chased, dont die like ever, dont play with exploration, follow the arrow, dont worry about fog, or most loot, and so on.

This is enough for now, but d3’s combat is a far fetch from d2s.

Also, as far as looks go, that matters too.
Look at the armor chars wear in D2 and how cool that is relative to d3’s.
Look at the spell art, the aura art, curses, like, all this stuff is not there in d3.

How cool do like just about every aura look underneath your char?
Oh, sound matters too.
Ever hear that “dice in a cup” sound that brevik did with a pair of pencils landing on the ground? That’s the realsitic skeleton sound. Its so, raw, cool. Barb’s cries are you kidding me? UN real, cool sounding. Like, barbs whirlwind animation is unreal cool, in d2, and that “tick tack thud” is so aggressive. D3’s is like, forgettable? Speaking of barbs again, look at D2’s throw barb, axes, spears, anything, how cool is that relative to…what in d3? “chuck chuck” or “whoosh whoosh”. I mean its too raw.

Anyway, combat is a whole lot more than it seems.
Mob types too.
Trash mobs dont exist in d2, fact check right. They literally dont.
Like, yea theres like 2 monsters that can’t drop loot i guess.
D3 is mostly trash mobs, there is no fun in blowing up a screen of them, compared to killing say a fallen and hoping it drops idk an ist or something.

I mean dont get me wrong d3 did a few things well, just not much.
For example, seismic’s sweet in d3, a very d2 thing they did there jw did with his barb. Strafe is pretty sweet. Like, arcane orb is cool, DMO set is cool. Shield throw is pretty cool. Superpower big cooldown skills for combat is like really bad tho.

Idk, there’s a snapshot of why D2’s combat is bigger than it seems, its what you think about, see, hear, while in combat, what happens, who you’re fighting, how they react, what they do, how you approach it, like how easily can you skip it, what are you looking for, how often, how easy is it to do that, etc. Thats what combat is.

If combat were just “ok, if i stay still, and this elite stays still, and my zon/dh shoots one arrow, towards that elite, what happens” like a single attack, without moving or looking at anything, thats not combat its not how you play the game.

A final one i have to mention obviously in d2 when youre playing arrows, where your cursor is in d2 on attack affects spread. This is something that was left out for d3, just saying. its like, not really a big deal, but it shows the lack of attention to detail d3 had. Its probly bc the deadline so they rushed the game under huge world pressure, and it turned out how it did, and i feel bad they made that easy to do mistake, but dont make d4 study after a rushed product my gosh.

Like u have this huge diamond with like idk 2-3 giant tar stains on it like enigma or mana pots being what they are, or baalchaos and experience. O, spirit, who could of forgotten the worst offender.

Then you have like this, like, mostly hatched gem containing rock, that got cracked at too early, and had some surgery repair done on it a bit but it didnt work out, and its laying there all these years.

For some reason that 3/4’s hatched gem rock is like, so dreamy, compared to that giant tar-stained diamond that’s proven and so big and shiny, just, from some old devs that dont work there anymore. Maybe that’s why it’s not valued?

Although grinding wasn’t a thing yet, killing stuff and loot was becoming a thing. Nice game back then (1997ish), including leveling, and training your characters to power up. Quite complete, especially back then.

It actually had 2 endings and you had to pick a side even. Gave you safe access to the areas of the side you chose and you had quests to complete for them in, yes, the opposite side’s area. Which was hostile to you.

Yes, I played that game multiple times, both endings and doing it using different classes.

That game back then was more complete and had more options than D2 and D3…

The full explanation usually takes about 30 minutes, but there aren’t many excerpts here. do not worried. It has been 30 hours. Thanks for reading.

As Bloody Moore moves away from the table and is attacked, you will hear a “shutter” or “shutter” sound. You remember? This game is like the real thing so you should ignore it. It can withstand about a quarter of the punch. You could die right now. row! He died of blood stains near his body. Oh, your character can speak the same voice.

We said we wanted to get rid of the first man in Burebik’s skull and we always wanted to jump on Diablo. Well, this is not his life, but you can find more people than he thinks. and.

you realise
Likewise, the battle D2 is perhaps the one that Breivik is most proud of. Compared to d3, he wasn’t particularly disappointed.

The main problem with d2 is how close the AI ​​is to you. Their hurts will always make you feel good. Soft action 2-3-4-5 and dead zone. No, “I’m Dead” or “The Undefeated War”

The thorns of the black soul strike, protect and shock you.
Does Andari domainsok Genting appear on d3?
Aoe Duriel forgets other dreams and is a dead end. Attention to detail. I don’t like idk 1 minute longer than “normal”. Below.

D2 will just go wrong if you don’t think about using the driver style to get the most out of the game. Use BC (BC Bot) to find rare equipment. Or, if you are weak and don’t have the disadvantages of most arrows. In addition, d2 battle also has ultimate game, music and game options.

Yes, limited combat sounds bad, but there are always questions about how to move and attack properly.

Well, this acronym means Diablo 2, British Columbia and Diablo 3. When d3 decreases, it automatically changes to Diablo 2 or Diablo 2.

Hence, compared to “Diablo 2”, the battle in the D3 was terrifying. Fantasy is “Diablo 3” is the next generation of magic fantasy game.

You have to decide what that means.
Fight with “good” in “Diablo 2”. This is a spider web, too heavy to describe in detail, but does it sound like a cute and charming elite? Also, entering the ice area and breaking the ice will reduce ice energy and damage, for example, when hitting a person’s waist using cold magic and firing arrows. Dreamy was founded in 1999, but has been in development since 2006.

It is the brain.

Sports, camera zoom? Everything is needed.
Proper handling is important. This is also true for most people who say they like to shrink but don’t join d3 forums. Combat zoom camera. Some species are part of the combat experience. Hence, compared to the best d3 battle concept, the change in d2 reduction is one of the reasons why the d2 battle is not realistic.

Exercise with charcoal. Coal slows down. In terms of athletic prowess, personality and combat effectiveness, we can determine under what conditions it is impossible and should not ignore technique and slow rotation. If text you type quickly, like Elite, it is often difficult to find. In “Diablo 3” there was a confused race. You can easily define the future and try nitro. In short, this is a terrible battle.

Fog of war, two shapes, black, opaque. There is no fog and places to avoid are always displayed in full screen. If there are arrows indicating the progress direction, navigation is not required. You don’t want to follow arrows that reduce blind spots or unnecessary space. There is no meaning, no challenge, no exploration. … Except for the prey, Arrow found everything he needed to know.

However, it doesn’t matter which loot has been upgraded. This is because it has nothing to do with plenary session and two-hour balance. However, we improve every game regardless of whether there is a 1k or 3k model. The spoils are only worth once per higher level and are new loot, depending on your character.

Therefore, you need a lot of items to find different ending games.
I am not looking for UniD circles. For example, it is difficult to delete the item id bc, select and check all yellow items, and avoid moving and reinserting to dominate the collection.

These are all battles in British Columbia. Sings in battle

I’ll just be glad to get this year over with.

2 Likes