Diablo iv quarterly update - q3 when?

Quarterly Blog.

PTR is still a bit further down.

1 Like

Hmmm a blue response.

Didn’t even say “soon”…

I’m very disappointed.

Ah well I’ll just believe they said “soon”.

:thinking::joy::grin:

We are expecting nothing less than 30 GR137+ competitive builds Pez. :smile:

1 Like

:roll_eyes: :grimacing: :unamused: :pensive:

r/whoosh

Well, looks like my guess was off.

Whoa, has the PTR been that long delayed? Three months of S21 is up October 3rd, isn’t it? Give or take a few weeks.

Ow well thats good new for the ptr i guess. That means massive update i presume!

… that mean that there isn’t anything to look forward in this week and next week then. :frowning:

True enough, as such we’ll have to be patient a tad longer.

It’s possible, but I wouldn’t count on it honestly.

That wasn’t so hard now was it

Would it too much to ask when to actually expect the PTR?

The expected end date for S21 would’ve been October 4th if the season length was going to be normal but with the extension already known (due to PTR) it would be nice to know how far will S21 be actually extended.

It sounds like the “slightly” they mentioned is sounding like a least a month, maybe 6 weeks.

What i see with other game companies is they give small bits of info untill all the notes are ready. Maybe put 1 item which is not subject to change each week to keep the fans thrilled :thinking:

Some do. I love how Bex handles things for PoE. Different companies have different polices though.

Blizz fans tend to get super upset when something they are testing out during development does not quite make it to the final version. The stuff that “won’t change”, as you mentioned, tends to be kind of dull.

That said, I am not against something kind of generic like guess the new item name and properties type engagement campaigns. The details of the item being subject to change of course.

1 Like

I still find it odd that , to put it lightly, arguably the most controversial season ever is probably gonna be the longest one as well. You’d expect them to try to get it over with ASAP. Alas it seems its not the case.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll go first…
The Godly Tier Big Two-handed Demon-Slaying Sword of Much Awesome Sauce.
Chance on hit for the hero to gain a halo making them look awesome!

I doubt that it will be the longest. We have had some very long ones before, esp Season 1. D3 Resource has a great page that tracks it all. Credit to Bagstone for the site.

https://d3resource.com/seasons/

I just chalk everything up to it being 2020 this year. The season has turned out to be a lesson learned, and I would rather they put time into making the next one better than rushing something out. My own opinion of course, others may have a different take.

2 Likes

Sometimes, I wish D3 team is as generous as HoTS team where they like to tease the players with a screenshot without context in the twitter.

2 Likes

I wonder if they will comment on how much diablo 2 they are studying, how deep, how much they value the choices diablo 2 made, when forced to choose between how diablo 2 did it or diablo 3.

So far, they’ve sided heavily with diablo 3, evidenced by like almost the entire showing so far, too many examples to list.

Most notably, char movement and camera distance is exactly d3 and nothing like diablo 2’s amazing way of doing that. I wonder why that is, and if, they’d, talk about why they’re siding with diablo 3 so heavily?

Do they know diablo 2? Do they value it? Or, are they saying they value diablo 2 and then just siding with diablo 3?

Maybe in these “quarterly updates” than can go “look, we value diablo 2, here’s how” You can not side with either game, and do it differently, but in many choice spots they’re not doing that, they’re siding with diablo 3, like movement and camera zoom. They’re not doing “other” or “diablo 2” they’re doing “diablo 3”. Why? It’s disrespectful to the first 2 games.

2 Likes