Diablo IV Quarterly Update - Q3 September 2020

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Maybe this is the wrong place, but what is the intended platform support for D4? In particular, will it continue to support MacOS, and will it support MacOS/ARM?

1 Like

It is very early they probably did not decide yet what platforms they are going to release it on.

1 Like

Of course they did, PC and Consoles, which specific they already had a plan.

1 Like

Fingers crossed there’s more in the next quarterly update. Please expand the tree. Help us feel better about David Kim leaving for WoW by bringing someone of the same caliber onto D4 so we don’t think this is a Blizzard side project that may or may not click with fans. Love the pacing of the game, don’t speed it up anymore that what we’ve seen so far. Try to avoid D3 remake. Think D2 remake.

1 Like

I was thinking.
What about an item you can only start finding after you completed the game?
We know that there will be expensions to the game and we are going to have to do for at least something like 10 years with Diablo IV.
In the first cinametic we hear a man searching for knowledge.
What if this knowledge leads to the understanding of the existence of an item (set items, legendary items etc). And you can only find these items by first finding the corresponding scrolls that tell you about there existence.
Next to that these items will relate to your current build. No mather how your build is at that moment. If you would alter them using the cube for instance they could improve but still only with the skills you had when you found the item. And these items are a one time find only with you current character. This way when you are maxed out you may want to change your skills before you go on this item hunt. This way builds can be very versatile and so would the gameplay and game experience be.
Let’s say that these items would have belonged to old masters or made by master crafters, and that’s why they adapt to their finder.
Only to be found by a master (someone who is capable of wielding its tremendous power, through trial (completing the game, beeing the maximum lvl)).
These items could wield special combinations of your unlocked skills so you have certain very potent skill unlocks through gathering these items. Which will be a surprise effect since you are the one who chose the skills this (ancient, nephalem, demonic, angelic) skill exists out of. And the slightest difference in skill choice can have a big impact on how this skill works (looks like etc).
This would be very rewarding since other players (and you yourself) would be astonished by what your build can do and for how it works.
And this way it is also very rewarding to replay the game from the start creating your next build.
If this game has to grasp me for (40 seasons) that long then there must also be something that drives me in playing it.
I know this is a very extensive thing to ad to Diablo IV but boy would it keep me busy marveling over what other builds do. Not only that, it would keep me busy discussing my builds with other people and them their builds with me. An item that binds in multiple ways so to say.
No battle would ever feel or look the same when you meet new people in the game, and would make you wonder what it is they are using and what their (absolute annihilating) item(s) combination skill is.
This is from the point of view that Diablo IV needs to be next gen, and I feel that an item that ads to the chosen skills in a way as described above would make it more next gen then leaving it out of the game. Sooner or later creators will start to work with an item system like this.
Just a suggestion!

I’m in favor of this. I’d prefer all the powerful items be found at max level anyways. But adding exploration or additional finds post campaign as a way to continue the story is good IMO.

I don’t know but i really liked the idea of making a build around an item.

Maybe you did not have in plan to make a cold sorcerer but finding that unique staff that empowers your frost nova skill made you reconsider your options.

There were exactly 2 flaws with that concept

1 - only one skill
2 - the upgrade always being damage at a ridiculous ratio (at least 90% of the time)

Consider for example a wand like this instead:

• AoE spells and ground effects are shrinked by 25% in both area and damage but last until effectively dealing damage

This one feels like a “build affix” i.e. something you could try to make a build based upon it, but doesn’t necessarily render every single other item there may be useless compared to your equipped 8000% spell amp damage one

Furthermore this can also be used by other classes, not necessarily a Sorc, for example this kind of item could work for an Ground-Stomp/Earthquake/Avalance Barb and such… You get the idea… :slight_smile:

D3 had that “design” of mobs with mountains of HP so the “name of the game was” 8k+% damage amplifiers or die trying… Instead of doing that they could’ve just increased the HP/Damage by some reasonable % and given an extra ability to the mob types or whatever

That being said, I’m fine with the D3 style legendaries, but the damage amplifiers have to be more reasonable (more in line with other items that may drop) and the upgrade usable in more ways than one… :slight_smile:

The Aoe build is too generic, everybody wants to do more aoe damage in a diablo game since you fight many demons at the same time but not everyone will be a frost nova mage.

This is a problem in Diablo 3 aswell, the lack of uniqueness, when you see someone made a skill work even for end game content, that is true achievement and build diversity, every skill could be a build with the right items.

Diablo 3 has no choice, your sorcerer is the same as mine and any other sorcerer at the same level, you did not commit to anything, you are everything and nothing at the same time.

1 Like

nice tree Devs! :slightly_smiling_face: but we need skill trees for each skill :smiley: and each tree should look unique (not necessarily a tree), but with a unique design and many branches :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :yum:

So anyone knows when can we expect a Q4 update? Or any new news or D4, like the 4th class? Or even any news on Immortal?

On or before December 31st 2020.

[ EDIT ] - Just a day later…

1 Like

What I would like to see is that all classes have an ability to run fast…atm in D3 that realy sucks…DH is hardly to follow for that matter so mits not realy fun to play in a group that way. Hopefully you can consider this.

D3 is just a speed race, I hope they slow things down in D4 so people actually play the game instead of just running past everything. :tornado: :tornado: :tornado: :tornado:

1 Like

hope they consider slowing everything down instead, 25% movement speed is fine form stats etc, nothing more

1 Like

Avalon in every 'RPG" style game that has multiplayer, people seem to be in a huge hurry. I wonder why? Right now I’m playing Elder Scrolls online, it’s perfect for role play, which is what I’m doing - Seems like everybody else is in a great big hurry…

3 Likes

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

That is why I like to run solo, I like to take my time and check everything out. I am really looking forward to see what D4 has to offer. I am not impressed at all with the speed racers. Even when I am the faster one (when I am in a group) I try to actually help the others instead of running past everything as if I am in a speed race. What is the point of playing in a group, if you always have that one goofball who is at the other end of the zone doing his own thing.

2 Likes

This game still reminds me diablo 3. And this is my red line. Where is dark and scary atmosphere that we want? Is it really difficult to make atmosphere dark and scary? I do not wanna see same monster skills from diablo 3. For example, shining laser beams… shining laser beams breaking the atmosphere of the game and the others as well. The another topic is health potion system. The solution of this problem is really easy, just bring back D2 health potion system. If diablo 4 gameplay will be look like diablo 3 gameplay, I am not going to purchase the diablo 4.