Diablo IV Quarterly Update - Q1 February 2020

I want a necromancer (preferably closer to d3 than d2) or a thief/rogue type (shadow themed, daggers, knives, assassination)

1 Like

lightweight halberd which allows them to leap at players from a great distance and crash down with a devastating attack. Like this means range will matter .

Alot of the changes I really dont see meaning alot. The monster types will be almost completely ignored and wont mean anything as one just blows through them. Nor will it inspire different attack patterns depending on the monsters. Most will fight them all the same way.

As for the icons. Well the color change will make it almost impossible for the majority to tell them apart at a fast look. Not to mention those that are color blind as mentioned. Or you could make the drops have differnt icons to show different rarity like you did in d3 for primals.

I will be honest that after reading the whole thing. That was alot of words that said basically nothing that couldn’t be said in less then a paragraph.

3 Likes

Paladin and amazon have been put forward by an unofficial leak.

Co-op questions

Setup

• I have a license
  • I improve my character at home
  • I visit a friend who wants to play couch co-op.

Qs

1. Can i use the character i created at my home?
  2. Will the char have to be from the same platform?
    • cross platform play?
  3. MTX for cross Platform char slots?
1 Like

Aand as usual I tend to reply to the wrong topics first… Well, I’m a bit of a lazy person so will just “reroute” the comment from the other topic which would be my feedback for the update

Won’t say “keep it up”, don’t necessarily think the development/features is in a bad direction (at least surely hope that to be the case), but the way updates are written/done feels like they’re intended for the wrong type of crowd tbh

As far as color blindness, I feel that not only should the color of an items background be different based on quality, but that the devs should also make the border around the icon different too. Grey/white items have basic border, while Legendary has a scroll work border with perhaps skulls in the corners, set items have scroll work with stars in the corners…etc etc.

2 Likes

You are forgetting this is not D2.
There is only “Attack” and “Defense” so we really don’t need that many items.

Seeing character screen i am already worried about d4 :cry:

2 Likes

Why? Whats wrong with that for you?

So you made us ui and few monsters for hack n slash? And this is your quarterly update? Really?

3 Likes

There better be a Paladin otherwise ↠ BUST :skull_and_crossbones:

A few years ago, a company made a game and hired me to create a Game Design Document and a Technical Design Document after the game was made just to impress the investors. I’m sure this is what Blizzard did, this excuse of “We studied the best design based on human behaviours” is just a bunch of designers trying to impress people and hide any information so players can’t ask for them later like in Warcraft III: Reforged.

I always say that, but we HATE surprises. Is much better you tell us that the game didn’t evolve much from Blizzcon and you’re having trouble to merge players feedback with developers ideas than just hide everything and release as a “big surprise”.

1 Like

Can we also have an option to fade in and out the UI so that its not always 100 max in your face. Once I have my skill binds to my keys I don’t need to have that UI constantly on my screen. I would rather have an option to fade it out when not needed so that I can have a bigger picture of the world and enjoy the immersion.

2 Likes
https://imgur.com/bsHdMlc

How bout this?

It’s not my leak. I just linked to it.

When did we speak?

2 Likes

I noticed on the inventory screen the character has 203 health potions. You did away with mana potions in diablo3 due to each class having a unique resource, you also did away with scrolls of ID and TP. I think its time to rework potions, it seems like a useless item to need to pick up and for the game to need to track how many you have. The system should be reworked in some way either by just having potions be an equipable item and you can have different unique effects like in diablo3 currently or try to come up with a variation of path of exile potions. PoE potions kinda stink in terms of boss fights as they rely on the massive amount of mobs in the world refilling them then in a 1 v 1 fight theres very little potion recovery and you just run out of the ability to use them.

1 Like

Instead of making the action bar position mandatory why not just make it a toggle that players can choose? Diablo as well as many diablo clones have stay with a tried and true bottom center of the screen. personally from playing world of warcraft for over 15 years i RARELY look at the bottom left of the screen as thats where chat is im more focused on my action bar in the center and even notice the bottom right of the screen more than the bottom left. Wow has gotten us used to UI customization and addons I think diablo4 could use some more options. Like Jay Wilson said in the diablo3 initial reveal trailer “Diablo3 will have so many options it will make your head spin” well that never came to pass but giving the player freedom of choice is never a bad thing

1 Like

Absolutely! Did you do that, or were those like that, and I missed it. Either way I like those alot. I like have multiple visual cues for things like this.

1 Like

I did the bottom ones. Used some d3 textures :grin:

1 Like