⭐ DIABLO IV - Feedback Collection Thread

Yeah I get that too. You can easily have such a crafting system without relying on runes that you place into items. Feels like a waste of a system to have runes + sockets, and then just use them for crafting.
D4s “runewords” so far seems better than D2s (although it surely could be improved upon). But the D2 crafting system could also remain.

Sure, i prefer d4 runewords too, to me d2 runewords are just another name for unique items, so I don’t really like it, D4’s is better.

I am just saying i get it where he is coming from, but of course I want d4’s runeword not D2.

Yeah, they could have another crafting system not using runes for those people who wanna have that feeling of collecting mats and make their own items, cause i like this runeword implementation of D4 with the cause and effect. Use other mats to craft item, not runes, let runewords stay as cause and effect, it is very good.

1 Like

Hum … a random silly thought :slight_smile:

There are still no common answer to some game setup such as “build respec” and “dead penalty”.

Instead of forcing devs to pick which side of options, how about add one more game mode, in addition to “Soft” and “Hard” core modes?

For example, with 3 game modes, players can choose amongst :-

1. Free Respec / no Dead Penalty
  2. Limited Respec / Noticeable Dead Penalty
  3. No Respec / Permanent Dead
1 Like

Agreed. Personally I feel like they should be contracting the original thought leaders behind Diablo II and taking their words as gospel to understand WHY the skill systems, itemization, audios, visuals, and gameplay worked together so seamlessly to create a perfect atmosphere and ARPG experience.

Failing that perhaps some of the more hardline D2 lovers could opt in. However the original creators were geniuses in their own right and could provide the framework to their successor best.

3 Likes

I think we could have both. I also like the new system but they could also use runes for other things, like rune words. Another idea someone posted was to use runes and other items as part of a “recipe” to open doors and things like that: similar to how we open the Vault with the Puzzle Ring.

I think that have different uses for stuff makes us take the decision of what to do with the item.

I don’t know if they will do something like that, i think they want to put as many people in one game mode as posible. But that doesn’t mean we can’t have those ideas implemented: for example, one character could be created as “soft HC” and when it dies it goes to the softcore game. Can have a way to create the character with limitations like in your idea (“2”) but it would exists in the same server as the ones of “1”, and get something in exchange (like an achievement if can finish the game, or something like that).

after thinking about it some more, a targetable heal would be really nice to have to make the game a lot more interesting for both PvE and PvP situations. not sure what you guys would think of the idea though but I know a lot of people would really like it if you could figure out how to make that idea shine but people could go without the heals too for overall balance. the thing I think about is paragon levels though… in pvp maybe there should be a limit so it’s more gear and skill based for those brave enough to flag themselves in open world pvp that way it is easier to reach that said limit. haha pvp is not for the faint of heart but be reasonable. that way once flagged you’re not phasing to different values and it makes for a more enjoyable pvp world so you can compete with the top tier players if your gear and build is good enough. ohhhh and arenas/battlegrounds too lmao I hope my last post reached you and you like my ideas too and I’m looking forward to learning more about the game soon!

It will depend on how they want to do it. If it is something in the lines of D3, even if is finite or add a lot less power, then yes, i think they could limit it for pvp or disable it all together (the bonuses).

But i think paragon shouldn’t be about get more power but about horizontal progression (something like give new skills that arn’t more powerful but add variation to builds, or more skill points to get extra skills but not to go over the cap level of the ones we have).

1 Like

Another avenue to get skill tomes. Never thought about skills. Maybe even skill cosmetics in the vein of runes in D3 but without altering how the skills work.

1 Like

reminds me of black desert too much to be honest, it’s a good idea but their pvp system kind of needs work. I actually fixed their pvp system for them this month too in theory. they need to fix the way brackets work for their combined power system. I suggested tighter match making to be within approximately -100+ ~ of current character power this way even the newer players could do damage in their current bracket without running into someone they do 10 damage too because their opponents DP is too much higher than their AP. that makes the skill books more important too for the lower level brackets and opens lightweight brackets ( free to play players ) and heavyweight brackets ( players in the top tier ) brackets that could each have a champion for e-sports. over all more explosive fights so the noobs don’t quit right away lmao.

There, you just have to be careful, to not make it look like poe in the end.
After all, d4 wants to be dark and gothic

1 Like

True. I don’t think they would go for anything as abysmal like that. I think they will be pretty tru to their renaissance painting color aesthetic. I was thinking more similar to the weapon glows in Vanilla D3 and what the enchantress was supposed to do. Small little effects.

1 Like

Sure, small effects would be cool and encouraging the players more than farming some main stat
After all, people want prestige :smiley:

And that’s were I see an endless progression system having potential without needing power. They could even add in all the shop items but make it a chance tonget those.

Yea I am totally for endless cosmetic progression :smiley:
They just need to keep adding stuff and be careful to not make it too Disney
But its easy to just increase the exp cost by a ton and let ppl work hard for it

2 Likes

I’m not sure a lot of people would like it if the item had stats though, diablo is already far away from pay to win, I mean I wouldn’t mind buying a cosmetic item that looks dope as hell as long as it was priced reasonably, food for thought for diablo immortal I think. that’s where pearl abyss is right now but their shop if it was priced better they would make more sales, really bad math on their part. lmao it makes me cringe to think of the parents that don’t know what’s good in the shop and their kids force them to buy it haha that market is really really greedy I have a lot of faith and trust in diablos dev team though, really smart people. on a side note haha the rainbow realm is a special place in hell, because you hate the idea so much is why it is hell haha.

Just thought of a great idea for durability on items to make repairing relevant again… the more durability your item loses the more affixes you lose. But scaled to where you don’t have to go back to town every fight but every once and a while. Also I seen some people talking about D2 runewords, I just want to say that the biggest thing I liked about runewords was the fact that they made common items have some importance. You weren’t just grinding for legendaries but when a ethereal 6os axe with +15 ed dropped it had importance.

I believe if they were to do this then they would have to make them relevant by making monsters incredibly strong and difficult to overcome forcing players to find a healer of sorts. That would also force a multiplayer experience which is not what the devs want to do. However if they explored the idea they may be able to come up with something. Not saying it isn’t possible.

i dont know, forcing repairing even more often, because you dont ever want to fall under 100% of your affixes, is an unnecessary annoyance

2 Likes

that wouldn’t be a bad thing if they balanced it so the dps classes could solo them if they had the best gear and used tricks to beat them, like the brawlers guild in wow. but still needed a healer at some point for dungeon like bosses with more mechanic than d3 has right now in grinding rifts. I still like rifting a lot though so wouldn’t wanna see too much change but be brought into d4 with updates like the transmog system they have too I can’t wait to see what they add to it and if it’s a lot more customizable.

I’ve been watching interviews from blizzcon today and just coming up with ideas based on what they are trying to explore. One thing they were talking about that caught my attention was leaderboards. From my experience the only time I’ve seen a leaderboard mean anything to me and a bunch of people I’ve known was in the game Socom 2: US Navy Seals online, where you were ranked based on kills and deaths plus other achievements based on the game play lists (i.e. hostages saved, etc). Everyone chased to become an admiral and it was a big deal if you were a captain and it was displayed beside your name in lobbies. I think if people ranked based upon certain things like PvP kills or power levels they could be ranked in lobbies and games displaying something that no one else could have unless they were ranked in a particular spot.

1 Like

The only thing I don’t agree with transmog is it takes away from the appeal of having dope looking items that are powerful cause someone could join my game and look powerful but actually aren’t. In D2 when you joined a game and someone looked powerful it’s because they were.

3 Likes