Diablo IV - An Argument for Limited Respecs and Choices with Gravity - Feedback

Get real no one but yourself is forcing you to do seasons, no one else

I just said he is very open, communicative and detailed, so we will see if itā€™s a good game or not, before we buy it.

Again with the insults. But go on and find where I condemn anyone who likes D2 or hates D3. I donā€™t.

I condemn the hate you guysbtoos at thise who like D3, find it to be a good game, like it more than D2, or donā€™t like D2. You mayb e me with a couple of the D3 zealots that have disdain for D2 fans. I do not. I put in hundreds of hours into D2, enjoying most of it. It has many issues I felt were corrected in D3. There is a reason I have over 1000 hours in D3. Simply put, I found it more enjoyable.

I have never claimed D3 has a deeper character system, nor claimed the story was presented better, nor ever claimed the art direction fit the theme of the franchise.

On the contrary, I have said, multiple times over that D3 is a much shallower game that tried to tell a deeper nuanced story but failed at the delivery big time and that the art direction, colors, and effects didnā€™t bother me. I prefer the option to change my build as I choose, and the combated and movement were the best in the genre.

I fight against those that insist D4 has to be super hardcore with harsh death penalties, rare or hard respec option or one with a long cooldown, and in general those that insist it has to be this way or else. My position on D4 is that it there is room for ā€œbothā€ camps, saying both but knowing there are multiple opinions.

As it turns out, D4 looks to have better character customization through gear and the itemization on it, evennwith simplified Atk/Def stats. D4 will not shower players in loot like 2.0, it will be more Akin to D2/vanilla D3, probably a tad bit better. We will have skills that we get to choose what we want and how strong to make them instead of getting everything as we level, although with enough play time we will be able to unlock and make out all skills but that is optional. We will have a passive talent tree that can be respecced at a cost. The world has a tone closer to D1 and colors and effects have been minimalized. As well as keeping player power split between talents/skills and gear evenly, Atk values only on weapons, and def only on some armor, the game is shaping up well and should be a fun experience fo all camps.

Now if you want to continue belittling and insulting those that like what D3 did you will be called out for it. If you want to ha e a discussion about how you donā€™t like D3 systems and want them out of D4 you can, you just need to leave the BS out of it. Because when you start off with kiddo, which Iā€™ll guarantee Iā€™m older, you lose the argument.

1 Like

Some people are actually so self-centric and condescending to think that Blizz going back to old school design is to cater D2 fans. Reality is, Blizz has learnt their mistakes in D3, and they are revising the perks in D2. But thatā€™s it. It doesnā€™t mean they are targeting you, yes you, Iā€™m talking about D2 fans. D2 fans will only contain a small fraction of Blizz profit when D4 comes out. Their real targets are teenagers, uni students, youngling newly into work. These people mostly never try a single D2 game before, yet will become the largest audience of D4. The majority of players donā€™t need to care how good D2 was. What matters to them is how good D4 will be, and how much better can D4 be to pull them away from PUBG, Fortnite, LoL and other games going hot right now. People only have 24 hours a day after all, and a real life too.

Tl;dr. Donā€™t ever think of yourself so high and mighty. Youā€™re not.

They can think all high and mighty all they want just leave the elementary school name calling to themselves. It makes them look foolish and completely negates anything they are trying to say.

But I do agree. They gave D2 fans a few crumbs they are acting like itā€™s changed everything. It really looks like it will be D3 with D1s tone, D2s slower methodical pace and similar Skill/Talent decisions, and D3s killer gameplay. Best of all worlds.

1 Like

Ehh, if only you people would be defending trading so much :DDD

Itā€™s still better than to say ā€œNo, I donā€™t wanna trade, I have different philosophy so no one gets itā€.

Indeed, taking out trading stifles experimentation, item value, activities and whatnot.

PS. Itā€™s funny how some posts in this topic were taken out :smiley: Ha ha blizz.

ā€œdOnā€™t Do It THeNā€
ā€œTrAdInG is bADā€

1 Like

I think if it had been slower it would have been even more boring to say the truth :frowning: It would take x times more rifts or whatever and more paragon levels to reach a certain point.

The real culprit is the endgame is boring and bland. Skill system feels meh, character customization is lackluster, itemization is lackluster with their 4/2 and whatever, rares are nothing, areas are all the same almost everything drops everywhere, no interesting stat or trait system is present, crafting is pretty meh, interaction is marginal, no trading is present, even the numbers are whatever 100000000000000000000 and so on and so forthā€¦

In a nutshell, itā€™s just a dumbed down arpg version where you as someone already told ā€œplug and playā€. Itā€™s fine for few days, a week maybe and then meh.

Slowing it down in my opinion would do nothing only murder it even more. This game has problems in itā€™s core which cannot be fixed by numbers. But I guess no one is perfect :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indeed, nobody is forcing you :smiley:

Its funny how they canā€™t see the connection thereā€¦ gotta go spam in some anti trade threads

1 Like

They can never see the connection when it is not the stuff they want :slight_smile: Pretty simple. Even worse they donā€™t want it so much that god forbid someone else has it.

So yea guys, please take your own advice, donā€™t want to use it, donā€™t.

What Iā€™m defending doesnā€™t encourage cheating and credit card players.

Only if D4 doesnā€™t have PvP and leaderboard, but we all knew that D4 was made with PVP in mind, so isnā€™t this will be too advantageous to the credit card warrior in D4 and not for those who doesnā€™t trade?

Whether in PVP or Keyed Dungeon leaderboard, those who trade will have a huge advantage over those who didnā€™t trade.

And those who respec for every challenge, will have an advantage

1 Like

They will only have an advantage over the people who choose not to respec.

But if someone is doing a no-respec ā€œchallenge runā€, they likely wonā€™t mind that other players have an advantage over them. They are receiving the self-satisfaction of their challenge run.

And why canā€™t SSF be satisfying enough to ignore the ā€œprivilegedā€ traders?

1 Like

Wish I knew. They should be fine.

Iā€™d posit that thereā€™s only a real issue when there is such severe game imbalance that the player gets excluded from the co-op experience for not using some function/utilizing a particular spec.

Respeccing prevents people using last seasonā€™s build from getting kicked. Trading prevents people using last seasonā€™s gear from getting kicked. Both are a good thing.

But, of course, a perfectly balanced game could obviate the need for either.

ā€œLast seasons buildā€ you know what that means, right? Everyone. Is. Doing. The. Same. Thing. Lol xD
D4 will hopefully not end up like that.
A communities behavior is mostly influenced by the games mechanics
So with unlimited respecing, ppl will probably be kicked without the optimal build for each challenge

Advantage of what?

For example, if I have a sorc that can respec to Meteorb sorc to Firewall sorc at will and vice versa vs a player who has 1 meteorb sorc and 1 firewall sorc ready, what kind of advantage do I have there? I can use meteorb sorc to clear the content meant for meteorb sorc, and that guy also can login his meteorb sorc to clear the very same content as mine.

With trading, if I didnā€™t trade, I wonā€™t have Enigma, and the guy who trade now has Enigma, so how am I supposed to chase him whether in the keyed dungeon or in PVP?

Even in D2 where the respec havenā€™t get implemented, my meteorb sorc has the same build and similar stat allocation as other meteorb sorc. The only difference is the item and that is because I canā€™t find the same item as other meteorb sorc did at that time.