Diablo III Wishlist: Two Invigorating Additions to the Game

I would like to share my ideas for Diablo III directly to a concerning staff, but i do not know how to do it. So, i thought here is the best place to reveal two of them. Hope these become real.

1. Legendary gem (can only be socketed into a jewelery): Freedom of Simplicity (0/99)

• Your Akarat’s Champion, Bone Armor, Wrath of the Berserker, Epiphany, Shadow Power, Spirit Walk and Archon are more potent (leaving this up to your imagination’), and this form of you has no duration unless you die or leave a game.
    • (Level 25) Every normal, ancient and primal legendary item without legendary power you have equipped has its stats increased by 0.5%“, 1%” and 1.5%" of its base values, respectively (plus 0.1%‘’’ each level after gem level 25 to 99). This applies to the additions by Caldesann’s Despair.
  2. Twelfth Kanai’s Cube recipe: “The Name of the Recipe” - Remove the legendary power.

‘: Something new yet consistent with the tissue of the game.
",’‘’: Multipliers and increment can be changed for in-game balance requirements.

Thank you.

2 Likes

They won’t since D3 development is fully ended.

6 Likes

Either you haven’t thought this throughly or you just tossing this here for sarcastic measures for addition of Altar or the Legendary items with no power left off in the game. The thing you try to sell as a brilliant idea has little to no weight, but I believe people will just jump to this opportunity to derail this thread soon. :popcorn: I mean, most of them blocked me already and not gonna see my warning anyway. People can’t seem to get enough of this type of discussion when it gives them an opportunity to rant about development after a decade.

To add, Spirit Walk is invulnerability and you want it to be permanent until you die? Do Witch Doctors really need it? You tried a little too hard maybe. Let’s skip this part, the game has a balance of effort and risk taken for rewarding the player; you reduce the risk with no drawbacks and mitigate the inputs required overall. This doesn’t fly.

You can use Ancient or Primal items with no legendary power; those are called Set items. If you want to insist that it has to be a Legendary with no powers, then there are still uses for them on certain builds. Alas, as they grant their benefits as fully passive, those usually don’t meant to reward you immensely, thus the Greater Rift they can clear will be at low ends.

I mean you can still include The Sunkeeper, Rondal’s Locket, Tyrael’s Might, Blackguard, Monster Hunter or Nailbiter on certain setups, but you have to explore around abit and see what synergize with their secondaries or very unique primary affixes. You can pair them well with specific damage bonuses and they would be a fine addition to the existing Set builds. At worst case scenario you can utilize some of them in Support builds.

All you need to do is to figure out what legendary item with no power, pairs well with the other. You don’t need to boost them as their power usually depend on pairing them well with each other.
Will those mentioned setups clear GR150 easily? No, because effort is rewarded as long as a build diminishes risk with passive benefits. Do they have to clear GR150 with ease? Again, no. A complete passive power gain without any specific requirement nor any cognitive skill check will defy the pillar of the design.

Why? LoD or LoN rings ain’t enough? Usually the class Set builds pick a secondary side Set and this reduces the slots you can spare for supporting legendary items anyway.

After this point I wouldn’t expect drastic changes that could undermine the current effort. I don’t think they would add anymore extra flags for Legendary powers or encourage a completely passive game flow where you don’t have to push inputs for an average Actions per Minute basis.

1 Like

In successful improvement groups, nobody considers someone else’s idea to be bad, or have no weight, etc.

They may never do anything more to this game, we don’t know. If people want to toss mud against the wall, why not let them? It keeps things here fresh and the forum alive with positive thinking.

Do you feel it was justified? If so, just don’t reply, make it easy on both of us. If you feel it wasn’t justified, let me know why, I’m curious.

Starting points:

• There should be a build that is allowing players use their characters’ ultimate forms free of cooldowns, durations and even free from being obligate to place that skill into their action bars. Thus, a legendary gem placed into a piece of jewelry can suddenly transform a char to a Berserker, Akarat’s Champion so on.
  • There should be a build focusing on making use of items without any legendary power in all item slots. Similar to what it is in Diablo II but also not that superficial like it was in vanilla Diablo III. Something in-between that utilizes from newer features present in the game (Kanai’s Cube and using Legacy of Dreams and new gem together etc).

I have thought some other variants of this legendary gem but also wanted its description to be keen and practical. If the chars’ ultimate forms have some sort of limitations that do not allow their use with this proposed gem, this issue can easily be solved. There are already examples in the game.

An alternative/suggestion for forms being more potent: All auratic features (mantras, shouts, cries, curses) of the chars take action together with the form itself when gem is socketed.

Thank you.

Lots of wishful thinking. As said there will be no more development in this game only repeated cycles of season themes that players will have to make the best of if they decide to continue playing the game.

Speaking of making the best of a theme: if you haven been using the Toxin gem on your crusader in order to proc a weapon Soul Shard it hasn’t worked. You would have had to have poison damage in the top affix on your weapon or your follower’s weapon to make it work (for solo play at least). PS. Also Holy damage on bracers instead of Physical.

Whatever your ideas, good or bad, D3 is brain dead.
Except for fixes for bug exploits (And I’m not even sure about that…), you shouldn’t expect much.

:point_down:

3 Likes

I wasn’t expecting that… I mean, I was expecting people attempting to derail this to start with… but eh… Justified? Wouldn’t know. Maybe he should ask this to those people, but since I don’t see them around perhaps they sometimes open and read my posts or smart enough to not fall for bait or derailment. Maybe he should answer my post if he thinks people blocking him is justified as well.

2 Likes

The people blocking/ignoring you aren’t worth discussing with… This also goes for some who aren’t ignoring you :grin:

2 Likes

Yes, this thread sounds like just sharing an idea.
I think the second post, quoted next, explains it well.
Even if just a fun discussion. A “what if”.

Maybe it could be done with a set power.

Let’s be real. A non-legendary character can maybe do T1.
Pretty much all of our power comes from legendary powers.
These forms are hardly worth a single torment on their own.

Overall I think it would require evaluation on a case by case basis.
Maybe less about permanent forms.

Wizards do have an Archon set, for example, but it doesn’t make sense in other builds.
Marauder DH is very similar to having vengeance on all the time. One man (woman) army.

I think the idea was to make them like the ancient set.
Lacking powers would be the price of having the form permanently on.
I think these forms aren’t that powerful. Even immunity.
Might even be a worthy 2-set.

Some of these are effectively achieved by focusing on CDR.

1 Like

I’m just happy someone is posting ideas in this forum, good or bad. At least I don’t feel I’m the only one still playing.

3 Likes

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with that at all. Ignore the couple trolls thus far and inevitably more that don’t ever feel complete each day unless they crap on someone for some reason or another.

I’d rather have hypothetical threads than a dead forum.

3 Likes

Have and share an idea (or several) is a good thing.

Believing it will happen is another story :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Feel free to continue posting ideas. D3s life cycle, in terms of active development, is 99% done. I always like to leave 1% up, just in case there’s an emergency…

2 Likes

That rhetoric can easily lead to echo chamber / yes man ideology.

Regarding naksiloth specifically, I have him on block because he’s the most verbose inadvertent troll I’ve ever seen. I’d rather have Bravata, he’s much more straightforward and concise. Nak, though. It’s just manifesto after manifesto and they all boil down to the same message: he’s a game dev, therefore he’s right, end of discussion.

Regarding this topic specifically, I echo Mattelot’s opinion:

1 Like

My conclusion:

To me (and many people i know), this game still deserves one final and decent touch before being left into the hands of the dedicated players of it. The progression in feel, appearance etc. of the game from start to this day has been great and leaving it in the void by just saying “Quitting, from now on.” is unjust to everyone.

In addition, game still has a functioning, vibrant enough community. The additions that will be made without damaging the balance, spirit, tissue of the game are probably going to provide invaluable feedback for future projects/products.

As the final words, i would rather have the additions today and play the almost perfected version, instead of playing an incomplete game’s rework fifteen years later.

Thank you.

1 Like

Be careful what you wish for. The developers’ “touches” (like “balance” patches, buffs and subsequent nerfs) have again and again led to despair and frustration among players.

1 Like

While it would deserve a final patch that incorporates more of the balance and mechanic changes as well as Visions and Altar for non season, the game won’t receive such a patch.

This is the final form, no matter how sad that may be

1 Like

I appreciate people wanting more, clearly expressing their love and appreciation for the game.

On one hand, they made D2R, which not only gave the game a facelift, but “balanced” things, so one could be hopeful for D3 one day. On the other hand, with how their company has went into the rapid downward spiral with caring for customers, I think the scales are tilting in the other direction this time.

2 Likes