Diablo III | Season 21 DH Shadows Mantle Impale Build

In this video i how u the gear needed to make this build work

omg depth digger in armor slot??
which primary skill are you using for this build?

karlie point weaon for the massive impale damage u can pretty much 1 shot anything even rift guardians

While I generally support guides made by others, I do have concerns about this one:

1. The S6/A3 build is well known and documented already, so there isn’t need for a guide for this build. Guides are best when they are for new or unconventional but useful builds.
  2. The Depth Diggers in the cube is a mistake. There are several very good options for this slot: Aquila’s Cuirass, Stone Gauntlets, Strongarm Bracers, etc. The Depth Diggers are providing absolutely nothing in this build since it doesn’t use ANY primary skills!
  3. Instead of Convention of Elements, it might be safer to use Elusive Ring at lower paragon (also diamonds in armor instead of emeralds). This is a minor adjustment but could be noted.
  4. Lastly, the elephant in the room, almost all the gear is not optimally rolled (or rolled at all). No socket in weapon!? Fire damage on bracers!? Intelligence on amulet!? Very bad compass rose!? Please check one of the more established guides on how to gear up this build. For example: Demon Hunter Shadow Impale Build (Patch 2.7.4 / Season 27) - Diablo 3 - Icy Veins

As in my initial comment, I appreciate guides in general, but this one has some misinformation in it, notably the Depth Diggers comment and poorly rolled equipment. Furthermore, there should be a showcase on how to play the build as a new player might see the gear and not understand the playstyle (you will be hatred starved in lower content without some modifications).

6 Likes

Your guide is not helpful + super bad sound quality. Copying Leaderboards is exactly the thing you should not do.

While there are a lot of guides out there - I haven’t seen any indepth guides. Your chance!

Like what items you should craft for Aughilds. Chest or Shoulders? Pros and Cons (chance + secondaries)
Or what does the standard build or Crimson build? How much RCR you need for crimson and should we drop Aquilas or belt? What are the “tricks” - like Shadowpower mechanis. Or Multilation potion snapshot.

What Keymappings work? PE, BotP or Stricken? Is AD good or not (depending on the setup). Passives. What does +damage on a ring? Is it better than CHD/CHC or not? Why? Breakpoints? What speed and push setups can ypu use?

2 Likes

Forget it, just some random kid looking for attention. Not worth it.

1 Like

I suggest just flagging this stuff as trolling. It’s bad advice, it’s bad videos, and to boot the dude has a bad attitude.

Worst is folks will see this stuff and might take him seriously leading some folks to frustration because the “knowledge” imparted in them is seriously and fatally flawed.

I’ve seen a few of these posts lately where a YouTube video of low-to-zero value is posted and it seems its only purpose is to farm clicks.

If this keeps up, Blizz will knock YouTube links on the head and that would be a shame for the rest of us that like to share useful content.

Flagged.

1 Like

hey there im sorry today has been a horrible day and when i saw that i was furious im sorry im gonna make a newer updated video thx for the criticism

2 Likes

Can we know why you’re making these videos? Was there a motivating reason to just show up on this forum today and post these videos without researching any prior content on this forum? I don’t want this to sound rude but I want to genuinely understand the reason for these videos.

i wont be making anymore videos… i was just trying to get used to being on camera. but i will be doing live streams of speed runz i will take down those videos sorry for the inconvenience

Apology accepted but don’t stop making videos if you really want to make content. My concerns were that the content of the video could be more well thought out and researched. Making guide videos, even if for older builds, can work if you provide something new.

Perhaps you can make a video of a new setup that no one has used before (provided it works reasonably well and isn’t too similar to existing builds). Another idea is to make content based on challenges, such as clearing a certain GR with only 1 or 2 skills on the skill bar, certain items missing, or something else. If you are aiming at streaming content, be sure to be communicative with your audience as you want to keep them as engaged as possible so that they stay and return.

If your vid title was: “Here’s my ___ build and play style, help me get better” You would have received a ton of likes and help. I know I did when I was just learning UE (long time ago in a land far, far away).

Absolutely, the tone of the video would be completely different and the reason behind it would be very well received. A video of “I’m a student, help me learn” is much more lenient on mistakes than “I’m an expert, listen to me” videos. You better be PRETTY sure that you are an expert in whatever subject your video is about or face backlash.

For example, I could make expert videos on DH but not on Wizard. If I made content on some Wizard stuff, I would have it proofread by some expert like TinneOnnMuin before posting it. Then, if it does face backlash for errors I could blame him :smirk:.

4 Likes