Diablo III PTR 2.7.6 - Has Concluded

Diablo III PTR 2.7.6 - Has Concluded

The Diablo III 2.7.6 PTR begins on August 16 and lasts two weeks. Join us in testing the new Solo Self Found feature, Visions of Enmity Season theme, and more.

View Full Article

28 Likes

Slightly disappointed about the small amount of gear balance but SSF mode? Nice.

5 Likes

A nice surprise. Thought it would be like at least 2 weeks to get something.

The biggest surprise is the SSF mode considering that they used to against it under the reason that they don’t have enough manpower or resources to do that. I wonder how those SSF fans will complain if botters or no-lifers beat them in the SSF leaderboard in the future?

1 Like

Thank you for the update now people can stop asking. :+1: Don’t be surprised if some still complain.

3 Likes
  • Moving your mouse underneath the character while casting Tempest Rush Flurry stacks should no longer reset randomly.

Finally

• Removed Mastermind from the Champion portion of the seasonal journey. This means you no longer must master a Set Dungeon

A lot will like that. However it seems the “Complete a set dungeon” in the Slayer portion will still exist.

• Area Damage: Area Damage should perform the same, if not a bit better, and with substantial improvements to performance.

“Substantial improvements to performance” - finally

It appears nothing from the Altar is transferring over. (But then why would something that’s supposedly going away need any changes made to it at all? Hmmmm. Interesting. Maaaaybe?)

EDIT: Confirmed. The altar will become permanent after Season 29 per Bliz.

10 Likes

Don’t understand the “Paragon Ceiling”, if someone can help me :joy:

What does “completing an echoing nightmare” mean?

Each enemy hit by your Blessed Shield increases the damage of your Blessed Shield by 35-40% for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 100 times (No more individual stacks).

Increased duration is nice but I think it’s nowhere enough to make Captain America build as strong as it needs to be. It’s a start though.

Removed Mastermind from the Champion portion of the seasonal journey. This means you no longer must master a Set Dungeon. Instead, it has been replaced with Overcoming the Trials, which asks you to complete an Echoing Nightmare.

Here, you guys deserve this: :point_right::beer:

2 Likes

It seems it is S29 exclusive where you can put 200 paragon points max for each attribute (critical damage, IAS, HP and etc), so you would need Paragon 3200 to cap them all.

However, the real question is what if you are Paragon 5000? Is there a way to spend those 1800 points if every paragon page was capped at 800 points?

A new endless mode where you will fight wave of monsters until you died.

Each of the four paragon categories is capped at 200. It only affects the 1st category (Core) since the other three categories were already capped.

But additionally, it’s no longer the 50 cap per attribute; now you can put all 200 in to a single attribute, like Crti Hit Damage. Or divy up the 200 how ever you want.

The assignable character cap is 800. Thus 200 per category.

4 Likes

But the screenshot shows character at P850.

The 800 cap is assignable points. The character can progress past 800, but nothing beyond 800 is assignable.

(I clarified my post above.)

3 Likes

Solo self found. Odd… Some fellows should have sworn that they don’t read forums at all. A little feedback goes a long way for sure. Thank you for the early article I’ll read while savoring it.

1 Like

Isn’t this will make this season the shortest season ever? Paragon farming is what keeps D3 seasons as long as possible.

9 Likes

Yeah no worse, it’s just 800 like back in the day. I think after all this time this is a horrible idea, 800 paragon is absolutely nothing these days and gear is no where near good enough to make up for that main stat power gap. Okay maybe 150% extra area damage is but that’s about it.

At least make the cap 1600 so you can max 2 categories.

2 Likes

Others are done as soon as they have completed the full Journey, they do not really care about the paragon treadmill.

1 Like

I mean even if you were only season journey focused, you’d still automatically be around 1k paragon. 800 is too small these days, full stop.

4 Likes

Well, now they definitely need to keep the altar.

Once you hit p800, which will be like first day, they game will devolve into a gear farming simulator. Max 800 paragon and losing all the QOL from the altar, pretty sure I will do my achievement leader board, then move on.

3 Likes

Yeah, but how about those who don’t quit after completing the full journey?

3 Likes