Altar of Rites will return permanently with S30

“We know the community enjoyed the Season 28 mechanic but did want to note that the Altar of Rites from S28 will return permanently beginning in Season 30 (after this new season).” - PezRader

https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/1690055379869454336?t=NNBMc5m9ZPrqSXc-kJizHg&s=19

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/15rb7qi/altar_of_rites_will_return_permanently_but_not/

15 Likes

Better link to that if it’s true!

If so, the blip in the patch notes had me thinking so.

I did not find that quote but following plain yes

Post on X

Ah its on top of that

Post on X

1 Like

I’m curious if they’ll keep the staff of herding node. The altar was a great idea, but the drop rate for that was not well loved.

2 Likes

I am not Bravata.

3 Likes

It is a mistake for them to not immediately include the Altar into the base game.

They can even nerf the power-creep nodes for all I care. But, to not include it immediately is a misstep.

I’m not accusing you of anything. :slight_smile: I’m anticipating that people are going to want a source for such a hot topic.

Thanks for the link!

3 Likes

With the progression of Diablo 3 getting faster and faster over the years, making the Altar of Rites a permanent feature only makes sense.

I can see why they wanted to not include it with S29, just to get a fresh non-light speed progression sense of perspective of the new theme.

1 Like

Niiiice! I’ll miss it in S29, but be very happy to have it around after that.

Yes! To all you who said “noway the altar will be permanent”… Hahahahahaha

3 Likes

One point for you. But I wish some of the QoL changes made into S29. Picking up all DBs, yellows, blues and whites will be a PITA

1 Like

Probably a good thing Altar stays. It is the best season theme they have had. Too overpowered bonuses for my taste, but the basic mechanism was good. Adding more clear goals to aim for as you played.

Statistics indicate that you likely are Bravata.

And so are you, and you, and you.

While it doesn’t align with min/maxers to not use the Altar of Rites, at least it is optional for those who feel it is too fast.

I hope this includes NS.

Totally agree.

I have the feeling, though, they had no intention of adding it, but after so many requests to keep it, they changed their mind. And, by the time they changed their mind, it was too late to add it with all the other stuff they are adding.

Hopefully, with recycled themes, this season will only be a 3 month’er.

Perhaps we can provide feedback to keep the auto salvage and db pickups in s29 also.
Perhaps they can activate it somehow.

I will really miss that in s29. I am very glad it will be permanent from s30 onwards. Hopefully also in non season!

5 Likes

I really think that was a mistake. The altar in itself is to OP, combine that with one of the other OP themes if reusing old themes is still the plan it will be utterly ridiculous.

1 Like

Perhaps they wont do an op theme. Perhaps a nerfed one to account for altar…

Still hoping 4th cube slot becomes permanent.

Niiiiice! Now bring back legacy Etched Sigil please! I was shocked on PS4 when i discovered its just energy twister now. But luckily on Switch still got my legacy one.

Still, would be great fun to have this back too! Its not OP its just amazing to trigger!

If they have the altar every season with a “recycled” seasonal theme, what combination will be the biggest power creep?