Diablo III PTR 2.7.5 - Has Concluded

One thing people really need hammer into their heads is that primals are not mandatory. In 99.9999% of cases a well rolled ancient is more than enough. Primals are only for the potential perfection of gear.

If one can directly craft all gear as primal, it really makes the entire loot hunt moot. Having its own crafting material is irrelevant in this regard. All one would do is get all items as primal, ignoring the first crafting rolls and afterwards just reroll everything until perfect. Crafting all primals devalues everything else in the game. All other loot becomes instasalvage, reforging no longer has purpose and thus neither do bounties, etc.

Limit of 1 crafted primal equipped max is perfectly fine limitation.

4 Likes

Being able to craft all primals is a bit of a stretch. Since it would eventually discredit loot hunt for that particular build. Even though if you’re crafting an entire set of primals, it would cost at bare minimum 1200-1300 primal material and at a rate of 55 material per salvage, you’re looking at still putting in some hours before a full primal build would even manifest.

One equip limitation is fine, but increasing it to two isn’t exactly breaking anything either. Of course you could argue that anything more than one starts a slippery slope in terms of what players could try to bargain for. But I firmly believe that being able to equip two is still in the spirit of fun, given double primal drops. (Though not a rate increase, just a bonus drop when you do spot one fall on the ground.)

Considering that sanctified items were limited to one, but also carry a particular bonus power with them; it isn’t a tall ask to allow two primal ancients worn. And they should absolutely remain random craft in the cube. If I could just craft a perfect stat allocation in my first one then what the heck am I gonna do with all the primordial ash to begin with. xD

I can’t speak for other players. But, I plan on completing the Altar before concentrating on the Season Journey. (Except the first four Chapters for the free Set). Having a chance for double Legendary items (Kadala), double Primal items, double Bounty Cache, as well as being extremely powerful for completing the Season through Guardian seems more fun to me. Once I finish the Journey, I’m done for the Season. The Altar be damned.  

This is especially true for Season 28. (At least from what I’ve seen from streamers clearing Greater Rifts 150 with nothing but their Potions and monster debuffs).

As far as craftable Primal items go, don’t forget, we get one free Primal for successfully completing Greater Rift 70 Solo. We can craft a second Primal (of our choice). The rest? You’ll just have to farm them the usual way.

There’s only a couple of Seasons I’ve completed through Guardian where I’ve even had a Primal, maybe two, equipped. (And one of those times it was a Follower Special).

This Season, I plan to:

1. Finish Chapters I - IV for my free Set
  2. Complete the Altar of Rites
  3. Complete the Season Journey through Guardian
  4. And, for the first time, actually push Greater Rifts with the Altar Buffs

Oh, and I plan on doing this like I do all Seasons…   Solo.

Good luck and good hunting to all, in Season 28!

Asᴋ ɴᴏᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀᴏᴜᴘ ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴏ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ
- ᴀsᴋ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴏ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀᴏᴜᴘ

I do not hide from my enemies.
I do not run from my foes.
I seek them out; I hunt them down;
and then they’re quickly disposed.

~ 𝑃𝑒𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑜𝑒

2 Likes

Paragon - devil’s advocate

No, it’s the core of it. Right now the only way to roll ancients is through an arduous process involving bounties.

Because primals are their own reagent, if you could craft unlimited primals then there would be no reason to mess with any other crafting material, even forgotten souls. The game would literally devolve into running as many GRs as possible for primals to break down to then create the slot of one’s choosing.

Yes, it was a terrible suggestion, thats why I put the ‘lol’ at the end.

True they are ‘fine’ sacrifices, but I personally think the blood shard costs should be in addition to another sacrifice at the very least. Which would make them ‘great’ imo.

It seems to me that I will not start this twenty-eighth season. Everything here is ambiguous. Most likely, I will return to Diablo 2 R for season 3 :japanese_ogre::fire:

Wasn’t PTR supposed to end yesterday? :thinking:

1 Like

We not so good at ending things around here.

3 Likes

Build a bridge and get over yourself like i have to. Next one will be soon.

Huge problem right? I’ll help: It’s not.

What’s fricking awesome is I have saved pretty much every primal I ever dropped. Heck, I have 3 Stalgard’s waiting to be ashed.

It’s a season theme, so unless this goes permanent, you’ll need to reacquire primals from scratch when the new season comes.
EDIT
Sorry, misread and thought he was talking about the altar & potions.

The recipe with the primal ashes is a patch change, not a season-only change, i.e. it’s available to non-seasonal heroes too, which means all the stashed non-seasonal primals people have can be turned into ashes as soon as the patch hits live to create some primals like this.

That’s the best part of this coming patch, To dispose all of the saved primal crap in my stash and mules, knowing that I can easily reconstruct it should I need to.

3 Likes

I too have a whole heap of rather useless primals piled up in my stash which I’ve mostly kept for merely being primal. After all they don’t drop that often. Once the patch goes live I can scrap them all without mercy and gain something actually useful out of them.

I’m glad I was saving Primals in my stash. I was sad that I didn’t see many useful Primals this season like the last one.

I got 9 Primal Puzzle Rings that didn’t pan out quite as expected. Haedrig’s chop shop will be pleasantly surprised.

Surprised you didn’t burn those for ancient vaults and gifts. lol