Diablo III PTR 2.7.4 - Has Concluded

I’m gonna blast this so hard. I’m gonna reach levels of blasting never before imagined.

Well, when that drops on console, that is.

When the servers are laggy thornes is sometimes the only build I can play without dying lol. It’s not disconnecting, it just hangs like 4-5 seconds every minute or two. West Coast USA, lets do it!

Anways, the Akkans changes look creative. Gonna try some combo condemn/ phalanx stuff. The 2 piece can fit into many other builds also since akkans has a necklace.

nice…!
(Body is too short (minimum is 20 characters)
Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?)

Uber portals now close after 60 seconds, please make cow portals close after killing cow king or opening a new cow level portal!!!

9 Likes

As I pointed out in another thread:

• Adventure Mode is now unlocked for all accounts by default. Players are no longer required to complete the Campaign to access Adventure mode.
  • Default difficulty selection has been updated to be consistent for all players and platforms. All players now have access to Normal-Torment 6 difficulties by default, and upon reaching level 70 with a character, players gain access to Torment 7–Torment 16.
  • Uber Boss Realms now automatically close 60 seconds after the Uber Bosses have been defeated. Additional portals to the same Uber Boss Realm can now be opened in a single game session.

Big thumbs up to these QoL updates. :+1: The first two are a massive boon for any new player of D3. The third one is something which should’ve been added ages ago.

5 Likes

Only 1 Sanctified item at a time?

1 Like

Seems reasonable as some of the sanctified powers are quite devastating.

only if you empower them with your credit card 950% value!

2 Likes

I’m surprised they decided to update this game at the same time hots is getting the official maintenance mode

1 Like

Initial impressions:

So the new Guardian’s Set, as I read it, increases just the mainstat you get from gear by 50%. So, not paragon, not augs. So, with perfect rolls, you’ll generally have around 6000-8000 on all your gear, and Guardian will increase that by 50%, taking you to 9000-12000, or a flat increase of 3000-4000. Of course, that assumes you have all pefectly rolled ancient/primal gear, and by the time you have that, you seem likely to have at least 10k mainstat without Guardian. So, that would be a damage increase of 30-40%, maximum, which seems a lot worse than Aughild or Crimson. And that value will just go down as you grow in paragon. So I think that number needs to go up quite a lot to be competitive- at least 100%, preferably a bit more.

New Akkhan is basically… a fire-and-brimstone preacher, applying Judgement and Condemnation as much as possible? Seriously, though, seems like an interesting premise.

Trag’oul… seems like they’re trying to rework it as mainly a Siphon Blood / Blood Nova build. But, I’m concerned it’ll just become a slightly more powerful version of LoD Corpse Explosion, since “by the numbers” it is only about 4 tiers worse than LoD CE right now.

Delsere… seems like an interesting modest rework. Set should be considerably better at speeds, I think, though not much better at high push.

Tal Rasha- also interesting. I wonder how long the elemental immunities last. It would certainly be interesting if you could run around, being mostly immune to fire, cold, arcane, and lightning. Some bosses (like Bone Warlock) couldn’t really damage you, at all. Praying that this doesn’t turn into a Deathwish build.

Inna- this is a 7-8 tier nerf. This will leave the build, probably, a little bit weaker than PoJ or Monkey King, still better than Uliana or Raiment. This is probably overdoing it a bit if they don’t want to have to re-buff the set again later. It sure seems like most people will accept a “sweet spot” kind of around where sets like Wastes, Arachyr, LoD HotA, LoD Twister, and Firebird are now- which is like 146-148 at around 5k paragon. Above that, people think they’re too powerful, and below that, too wimpy. It would probably be better to hit Inna with something like a 4-5 tier nerf, which would put it in that range (just cut the damage in half). At -7 or -8 tiers, the most likely outcome is that nobody will use it very much anymore.

As for the sanctified powers, I’ll mostly just comment on the Barb ones for now, and leave the others to folks better acquainted with those classes, though there are a few that caught my eye…

For Barb, I see the WW one, that pulls in enemies, only getting much use in solo speeds. For push, you want to time your pulls, not pull everything continuously. The HotA one sounds like it’ll bump the two HotA builds up by 1-2 tiers, just based on the “hit all around you” effect. Who knows how powerful the “shockwave” will be. The “Tempest Rhythm” one sounds like a good pick for a WW/Rend Barb, since you could pretty much keep the 50% buff up all the time. Same goes for Pro-Slam. Leapquake, Frenzy, and Raekor will also use this third one, since the other two won’t really do anything for you.

Crusader: I wonder what sorts of attacks the two Archangels will use, and if their AI will be ok… or not…

DH: So, the Strafe one is basically GoD, but using Nats with Cluster Arrow, right?

Monk: Someone’s knockin’ at the door / Somebody’s ringin’ the bell / Someone’s knockin’ at the door / Somebody’s ringin’ the bell / Do me a favor / Open the door and let 'em in…

Wizard: I hope they prevent the Storm Armor effect from resetting when, say, you die, or go back to town. Could be pretty badly abused for boss fights otherwise.

All in all, some pretty interesting stuff, I’ll be watching the PTR shenanigans closely!

9 Likes
  1. Permanent Teleport – dream comes true … at a price (decisions, decisions) of 2-pc DMO gear :()

2. Players can obtain as many Sanctified items as they would like, however, only one Sanctified item can be equipped at a time. – a wasted opportunity to find out what a class/build with 13x Primals of right specs look like at GR150 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think they want us to use the Condemn legendries with 1 Phalanx item. Are we still using Condemn:Vacuum? Is Eternal Union even needed, or just for speeds? Does Phalanx Damage % influence the damage of procced Condemn?

We want the Phalanx minions to spam Condemn. Condemn is like 1.3 APS atm, our little soldiers have to hit fast.

• Unrelenting Phalanx - casts twice.
  • Baleful Remnant - for speeds maybe.

Not entirely sure the best path to take yet.

This is D3 not D:I. Idiot.

5 Likes

I was also wondering about Judgement, and Sacred Harness. If that’s a viable option.

Well both those items are good if you want many warriors to apply Condemn. More Phalanx warriors more Condemn?

Are you sure? Look at the snippet from the notes:

PTR Focus & Details

We’ll be conducting the Patch 2.7.4 PTR starting Tuesday, July 12. During this time there may be periodic maintenances, outages, hotfixes, or minor patches.

• There will be PTR-unique buffs active to help you on your journey: increased experience gains, and double Blood Shard drops. You can also buy new gear for testing from the special CREDIT CARD vendor, D’Visa anna MasterCard, who will exchange your Blood or credit limit for class-specific bags full of Legendary items that we’d love for you to test!
2 Likes

why do you guys hate Monk?

5 Likes

Haha! You’re funny like an appendicitis.

1 Like

monks have been hated in games since the dawn of everquest. it started with the epic dazzling fists and whistling robes, the longest most time consuming quest in that game… Monks are sneaky with those robes pretending to be Jedi knights

2 Likes

They were top dog in every activity for, what? 3 sesons in a row? The rotation continues.

1 Like

yeah and theres a new raid boss being added

1 Like