Diablo III | PTR 2.7.0 Has Ended!

so what’s the season theme?
Or is the follower change it? For both season and non-season?

1 Like

Agree! The Necro is waaaay overpowered in comparison… I have been running GR136’s only because there is a Necro… as soon as the necro leaves, we are back down to GR115 at best.

And they want to nerf the WD… rediculous…

2 Likes

What is the point of follower’s skill damage again if they can’t deal enough dps to help you in high GR?

They need dps buff so they can fight with players instead of just offering utility to ther players.

So I guess there is no bonus for group play then since you can’t bring the follower with you.

Unless the follower’s utility buff is still working when they at town, play public game rift feel like a disadvantage here.

2 Likes

If this is indeed the case, it does nothing in terms of what we were looking for. Which is extremely unfortunate.

Has anyone figured how emanate works?

Do you get to obtain every single leg power of these items or just one?

If so, they could also include some other “universal” items there, like skeleton pauldrons, illusory boots, maybe all the gloves (frostburn, magefists, tasker, stone gauntlets), a belt like string of ears, hexing pants, the chests that adds thorns based on your vit, maybe an obisidian or rorg, etc… Nothing with a crazy multiplier, just the items that can drop to anyone and equiped by any class and have small but significant multipliers. So solo players can have something with them that resembles an actual support. Otherwise it’s going to be flavor & nemesis. Who the hell cares about making items indestructible or gold falls from the sky? They might as well let us keep the 4th cube and lock it to FoT and Nems.

which allows the player to gain the intended effect of certain Legendary Powers and Set Bonuses when equipped on the hired Follower.

1 Like

Devs, I usually don’t say this, but your 2.7.0 intended changes actually look phenomenal! Both follower and leaderboard reworks are exactly what was needed.

8 Likes

Say that to wizard classes…

The WD, for solo pushing this season, was competing only for last place.

What they did was nerf the WD
OF course it is ridiculous and far from smart or logical

The best thing to do was to give WD even more love , all of the sets.

1 Like

Oh wow. I thought followers would never get any love. The changes seem interesting.

One thing that needs to be addressed though:

• Unless being able to equip followers with more gear makes them sturdier to damage, they’ll still be pidgeon-holed into always using the immortality follower item.

Not sure I like the changes to Rathma, but let’s see how the changes work now.

Firebird has needed some love for a very long time.

3 Likes

So you get the possibility of equipping tons of legs and nems/sage/cain’s on your follower and benefit from the utility buffs, and still wish to complain about the single follower token piece slot?

Yeah. If we’re fixing followers let’s do it properly.

I’m happy you guys are expanding the core game mechanics still instead of simply tacking on a seasonal theme on a season and call it a day. Just remember to make followers immortal by default so the choice of relic isn’t set in stone.

1 Like
  • Bones of Rathma 2-Piece Set: Your minions reduce the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 1 second each time they deal damage. Your skeletal warriors spawn faster, and your revived minions no longer expire.
  • Bones of Rathma 4-Piece Set: Your minions no longer take damage. You gain 1% damage reduction for 15 seconds each time one of your minions deal damage. Maximum of 75 stacks.
  • Bones of Rathma 6-Piece Set: Each active minion increases the damage of Army of the Dead and Bone Spirit by 1000%.
  • Defiler Cuisses: Bone Spirit’s damage is increased by 400% to 500% for every second it is active and will also freeze enemies on impact.
  • New item Bonds of C’Lena:* Army of the Dead and Bone Spirit deal 300% to 400% increased damage. Bone Spirit deals an additional 2% increased damage for 5 seconds each time Army of the Dead hits an enemy.

28 minions = 28000% dmg for AotD and BS
28 minions = 4 skills on panel + 1 AotD and + 1 BS if we play BS build
6 of 6 = no variations?
ok -1 Golem
still a little cramped? :thinking:

There is no mention of a Theme for Season 23. That doesn’t mean there won’t be one. But, evidently that’s not being tested in this PTR.

Maybe. I would think there will be some kind of Theme.

It’s not about the “Season”. It’s about a “REVAMP” to the game.

Please, show me where you read “Seasonal Theme”.

According to the Blog under PTR Focus & Details:

New Features Testing: We’re looking to gather feedback on the solo player content with the Follower system revamp, and the Greater Rift solo leaderboard updates.

So, I’m thinking: Yes. Only Solo.

Thank you. You just saved me from having to type this myself.  

Good point. Maybe our currently hired Follower and their gear could be saved in the Character’s Armory.

I also wish they would include Paragon Points in the Armory saves. I get tired of having to reset my Core Paragon Points, check my Movement Speed and Life Points and then reassign those Points accordingly every time I switch builds.  

It hasn’t been announced yet.

1 Like

Aureous, You get nothing. Congratulations! Now you know what solo players have felt like for the past 22 seasons.

The group players have been coddled long enough.

7 Likes

Just realized that we no longer need to farm for Swamp Land Waders.

9 Likes

In which case, that means either we’ll get revised patch notes part-way through the PTR when they implement it, there isn’t a theme at all or, worst case, there’ll be one and they don’t bother to test it on the PTR.

If the only seasonal exclusive is the pet / portrait frame for Guardian, and there’s no theme, as the Follower stuff affects seasonal and non-seasonal, I foresee a lot of people getting the cosmetics and then heading straight back to their high paragon non-seasonal heroes.

I could have been wrong. I’m reading this now:

To sum up: The Followers’ revamp is a part of the Season Theme. It will be activated for both Season and non-Season. And, it will carry over when the Season ends, becoming permanent.

1 Like

There wasnt even an anoucement of the end of the current one.
so you can have it, that they just want to balance the this one first, before starting the next testing round :slight_smile: