Diablo III | PTR 2.7.0 Has Ended!

Agree… and my data above was for the current season (S22) in case anyone was wondering. in fact I don’t think considering a BUFF is way off especially since we are losing the 4th cube slot.

I have almost 1500 paragpon and when a 700 or so paragon NECRO joins the group play, that class is OUT-PERFORMING my WD easily… Why aren’t nerfs considering other classes instead of thier own? That to me, makes no sense… if the goal is balance…

The buff made a huge difference depending on class. Necromancers in terms of power were by far the biggest beneficiary of the 4th cube slot. Blizzard balances on non-season data for that reason.

Stats :
https://d3resource.com/seasons/

Yes, wd “win” the season 20! In 2nd place.
-> Nerf

Look at the table, if wd is overpowered…

Why are we talking about Season 20?? The WD was already nerfed after that…

2 Likes

Ok, understood… but since I’m concerned primarily about the witch doctor, since it is the only class that I play, factoring the loss of the 4th slot PLUS this huge Gazinfg Demise -300% nerf (equivalent of a PERFECT Ring of Emptiness bonus) + IAS loss, is still way more of a negative impact to the WD than the Necro will experience… This is going to effectively kill the WD once again… Way too much hate on the WD class…

Keep in mind that we will be losing Sacred Harvester (4th cube slot) which means that we lose 5 stacks of Soul Harvest… which means 30% damage mitigation is also lost going from S22 to S23… so the WD set will fall out of “S” class (the only set currently in it), fall below “A” class and likely land into “B” class… if we are lucky…

Again why? There is no reason for it really…

3 Likes

Because the last patch wasn’t rafting wd for the first time, when they took away his spirit bonus for pets and compared it to other characters on the sols. Now we get such a big nerf in the patch that it will be useless. :frowning:
So for farming nephalems, but no one will farm him if he has nothing to drop, because everything is weak!

1 Like

Who are we?!
WD!

What do we do?!
Suffer…

4 Likes

Wizards:
Archon - nerfed
Channeling - nerfed
Hydras - too weak
Twisters - too weak and lags the groups
Starpact - destroyed beyond used

At least you and the Necro had your time to contribute for “group meta”. Wizards didn’t.

Please…
Look at (and try to understand) the data, before do the poor, poor, poor wizard…

https://d3resource.com/seasons/

1 Like

Bazooka wizard ???

1 Like

Wd is over performing? Wd did 1 gr 150 gr clear and necro more than 200. How is it overperforming? On average wd is 20 grs lower than necro. You can see that by what number of gr you need to get to the leaderboards. Weakest class in the game is overperforming. Sure. They are nerfing the class based on data prior to mask of jeram and enforcer nerfs. This is starting to become amusing. Might as well say that we have imaginary builds from now on that are way too strong, so they justify the nerfs. And wd has only this build to compete with other classes. Doesn’t get 4 reworks every season and the second best thing is another 10grs lower.

2 Likes

They balance off non-season. Your data is seasonal data where necromancers had a huge benefit due to 4 cube slots. The era 13 leaderbaord was not reset so it is hard to judge current non-season power. The class with the most solo GR 150 clears is demon hunter.

See:
Diablo III Season 22 Worldwide Ranks - Maxroll.gg

I believe none of the WD GR150s was done post 2.6.9, i.e. after their main build was previously nerfed (turned stuff that was being treated as pets into non-pets).

This is why we kept asking for Era resets when major revisions of sets / items happen because otherwise people are trying to compete against sets that were previously much better (and can’t beat them) or with sets that are much more powerful (and wipe off the previous iteration’s clears).

The current Era leaderboard has 2 or 3 patch revisions worth of clearances on it, I think. There’s no easy way to tell how current iterations are performing non-seasonal because the leaderboards are obfuscated by outdated data.

6 Likes

I know. I was one of the ones requesting non-season leaderboard resets. I like to analyze clean data.

1 Like

I think i’d prefer to lose Voo’s Juicer (the weapon that you always had to wear for spirit barrage +percentage) than Sacred Harvester. The good thing is that you have one less thing to worry about SH rolls since it gets a “fixed” legendary power. The bad thing is, well another SH mandatory build. Unless you are really a master of avoiding damage and attacks and have thousands of paragons for toughness. And then again there are times that you want to stand still to cast so toughness loss hurts you really bad. If they were to add the SH power to the bracers (Lakumba) that will solve a lot of issues, although i don’t know if it will be overpowered or not, but they haven’t made an effort to provide wd with more toughness in any patch so far. I think Zuni is like 3 grs below Mundu right now. The good scenario will be to stay in A-tier, the bad B-tier barely ahead of Zuni and Jade.

just to enter in this QQ post, when are we going to get a RGK barbarian in groups? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Since season 5, when are we going to get a crusader, wizard, witch doctor, or more recently necromancer support in groups?

Only because of missle dampening. Take the uber fished clears away and DH is ok maybe even underperforming. The top clear on PTR was like 139ish at like 15k paragon. DH gonna be back to being the lowest clearing class again if they dont bump it up some more or outright revert the ridiculously out of touch nerf.

4 Likes

you don’t need sacred harvester. if you don’t spend 99.9% of the time in spirit walk, then you are playing the build wrong…

You do realize that 99.9% of the time in Spirit Walk is IMPOSSIBLE… I have VERY high CDR and that’s still only roughly 60% reduction… Grave injustice is going to help towards that 60% however at high level GRs you are killing things much slower… and there is the forced internal cooldown from Blizzard to prevent spamming it.

2 Likes